Refrain from spamming every forum you've ever been to!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

For now at least. I did it, so can you! If the temptation becomes to strong, just go play Spring! And if you don't have it yet! Remember that other people coming will slow down your download!

Plus, the community probably shouldn't begin rapid expansion until version 1.0.
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

Good point about waiting until we have 1.0 - though I suspect that if planetannihilation does a news post on this then we'll see some pretty fast expansion.

Though if the release is stable we might be able to justify it.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Too late, already spammed.
Archangel of Death

As in every forum not TA related (like I was about to do)? You should know better Caydr, what would happen if I had spread AA4.6o to all over the web?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

There isn't that many people in Spring lobby. I'm not even sure there will be any tomorrow. I need more people.

What would happen if we posted about Spring everywhere?
Archangel of Death

Besides the hundreds of people who won't undestand that this is version 0.4 and not 1.0, and a beta and not complete? All the complaints about bugs if there are any, and leaving and never returning because of them. All that other stuff that was brought up in a thread a week or two ago.
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

He's right, lots of the people here are the crowd that have had TA since it first came out, if news of it spread too fast we'd get hundreds of people who didnt understand what is trying to be acheived here arrive, and moan endlessly about the shortcommings it has at the moment.
SJ

Post by SJ »

You mean as opposed to the old regular forum users here moaining about its shortcommings ? :)
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Hay... I know thats aimed at people like me... :)

Im not so much complaining, just realy realy realy realy desperate to get it to work! Realy desperate!

Putting this version on all the forums everywhere would be bad, as its buggy enough as we've found out, the more people the more bugs, and the more bugs the more swamped the SY's will be and nothing will get fixed that quickly. If just use few are playing bugs can be found at a more lesuurly pace and sorted out, without some being lost in a hugfe list of bugs...

aGorm
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

SJ wrote:You mean as opposed to the old regular forum users here moaining about its shortcommings ? :)
Basically yes, though I suspect that you'd rather have 20 people moaning than 200 :P
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Considering Spring release has been SlashDotted, do we still have to refrain from posting about it everywhere?
Pxtl

Oops

Post by Pxtl »

My bad. :P Sorry, I just think this project is so sexy I want everybody to know about it. And that's slashdot - people on slashdot understand the concept of beta. These are people who used Firefox pre 0.8 release, remember.
Archangel of Death

Hmm... someone brougth it up on another forum I frequent. http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=61556 I hope it wasn't to premature. That forum has a population of over 13,000 (the majority of which is from Dawn of War), so I'm a bit worried about a possible influx of new players. It may not be that bad though... Any other links springing up?
Liam

Post by Liam »

Archangel of Death wrote:Any other links springing up?
i see what you did there
el_muchacho

Post by el_muchacho »

Well, the news on Slashdot has generated less than 100 comments, which is not much by slashdot standards.
The news has also been posted on the PC videogames forum of http://forum.hardware.fr which is one of the biggest boards in the world in terms of number of messages.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

So I just logged in Spring lobby. One people only was here. Maybe it's time we start getting a larger player base?

That or the server had just reseted.
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

not until we get update to lobby and maybe also game ... now it's really too hard for "n00bs" ...'
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

And too crashy.

Return to “General Discussion”