Unit Group Movement

Unit Group Movement

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Samoa

Unit Group Movement

Post by Samoa »

Is there currently a follow function of some sort for us to issue to units? For example, a player will be able to issue a follow command to a group of units to follow a certain other unit. They will follow this unit until it is destroyed, (and then maybe after the followed unit is destroyed, for added effect, they return to base, or explore, killing all opposing forces encountered). This would be useful for when the player takes control of a unit in first person, the player would have an army at their back without the need to directly control the army's movement. The following group would also have the option of being in a movement formation. This would be quite fun for leading your forces into battle, could watch the artillery shells fly over your head and reign destruction upon the enemy... :lol: :lol:
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Sounds way too complicated, why not just learn to micro instead.
Samoa

Post by Samoa »

Actually its alot like the gaurd option, except they will not crowd around the followed unit. It may already be implemented in the formations, where the units will always stay in formation even if the player selects only one of the units in formation to move.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

You mean a sort of seak and destroy order?
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

I think guard works differently in spring. I remember something about
"Guard now means a unit has been assigned a patrol path around the unit, rather than crowding the unit."
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Actually thats a good idea. You cant micro an army if you're in FPS mode. Gives me an idea with reference to TAI *starts scribbling franticly*
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

Do we know whether units guarding a construction vehicle will get out of its way when it tries to build? CC Generals does that, and I must say it's very helpful.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

That is a must, even if its in a later release... once I went on a raid and came back expecting to see a nice line of gardians... there was 1. I got scrwed...

aGorm

Return to “General Discussion”