Musical Score

Musical Score

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Zoombie

Musical Score

Post by Zoombie »

I was listening to the awsome sound track for TA, whitch is still the BEST game music ever that was entirely original and howly awsome. And by a not so unlikely coinident that i am a Tuba player in a High/Middle/Collage school band, and i wasthinking that it would be realy cool to be able to play it. So i was thinking that it would be nice if someone could tell me if their was a place where i can get the musical scor to the music?
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

:shock: imperium galactica 2 :shock: has the best music full stop!
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

still: imperium galactica 2 has the best music full stop!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

imperium galactica 2 dont have anything on the TA sound track. I have never found more exlierating, more gental, more thought out music. It just worked so well. Only thing i like nearly as much is that famous classical peice they use in Home World. But thats just cause I like that bit of music. And It aint so good in battle.

aGorm
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

The Kadeshi music wasn't bad for battle...
Hmm, I'll have to put the two in and see which I prefer.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

The halo theme is good but its more of an FPS feel anyways.....
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Personly, FPS need music to get your adrenalin pupming, techno rock is good, like in UT and all its upgrades.

RTS's need two types one for the building and one for the action. And not rock, more like clasical stuff like the planets stuff.

aGorm
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

The bst thing about TA's sound track, is well.... it is realy fast paced, adrenalin pumping classical. also im just wondering if some one knows where the Sheet Music is, that is the notes. I already have the soundtrack itelfe (in fackt i burned it on a CD, brought it to the conductor and he proclaimed it to be one of the most kick ass music he had ever head. He also couldent beleave that it was from a game). So if anyone can find it, it woudl be most apreciated.
Benito

Post by Benito »

http://www.jeremysoule.com/

I seem Jeremy Soule has quite a few credits to his name. While TA is among his greatest soundtracks, I was impressed to see his name credited on:
  • Warhammer 40K Dawn Of War
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Dungeon Siege
    Unreal II
    Balder's Gate: Dark Alliance
    Neverwinter Nights
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
This isn't to say I've played and heard the music in all of them (only top 3), but those are some big titles up there. It seems on some that where John Williams does the film score, this guy works on the game.

Maybe you should e-mail this guy and ask him if he can send you a copy ;)
ILMTitan
Spring Developer

Post by ILMTitan »

NWN and KOTOR were also both great soundtracks.
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

My favorites for PC are TA and SimCity 4. And in a wacky way, GTAIII.

But if you want really good tracks, look to the Sega CD. Full motion video may have flopped, but CD sound did not. Sonic CD, Batman Returns, and Ecco CD all have amazing tunes. Even in 2005 I listen to Sonic CD daily.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Well if you dont have the actual socre, i was wondering if anyone has a MIDI file for it, casue i can use Motazart to print it out. That would be sweet!
High Caliber

Post by High Caliber »

Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Well lots of cool music their, but i couldent find anything by TA, but thanks anyway.

Return to “General Discussion”