Idle worker button

Idle worker button

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Doomweaver

Idle worker button

Post by Doomweaver »

Along with metal and energy being displayed at the top of your screen, I think it should have a list of all the types of construction units you have (So if you have a commander, a minelayer and two construction vehicles, that's three icons) A number on them should tell you the number of them that are idle.
If you click on one, it selects the closest idle unit to the screen of that type. If you double click, it also centers the view on them. If you right click, it adds that unit to your selection.
If you get more than say six kinds of construction units, it could shrink the icons to fit more in the same space.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

better make it a keyboard button, like "." its easier to use and quicker
PauloMorfeo

Re: Idle worker button

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Doomweaver wrote:If you double click, it also centers the view on them.
Don't know about that... If we wanted to circle around our idle builders fast, it could bring bad results.
Doomweaver wrote:If you right click, it adds that unit to your selection.
Adding to selection is always done with shift. Don't think this should be done otherwise.

Apart from that, it's a good idea.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

omg, this is already in demo recorder! ctrl+B ALL HAIL ALANTAI, sing the anthem!!!!! erm.... I'll get back to you on that
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Ctrl B

Edit: Arg, Alantai Firestar the rabid poster beat me to it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

ooooooooooooo looks whose fussy eh
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

what do you mean control+B? As far as I know this doesn't let you specify what type or contruction unit, nor does it let you see how many. It just selects them.
Anyway, right click should center on them and select, left just select, and +Shift should add them to your selection rather than deselecting all.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Who cares if you select ctrl+B it centers on and selects an idle construction unit and any decent player has all their construction untis beign used at any one time, so who cares what type it is, it shouldnt be idle in the first place.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Does it matter what type they are anymore? I thought the SY's were "optimising" the construction stuff.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

I guess your right, actually. In that case, just one idle worker button. I just reckon that we need to be able to see with a glance if we have idle workers. Its just so much more convenient.
ILMTitan
Spring Developer

Post by ILMTitan »

All of this is theoretically already available through the hotkey editor

http://taspring.clan-sy.com/screenshots/screen53.jpg
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

That is SO cool 8)
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

what i meant was a button that was part of the GUI, that displayed this.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

here i have been working on a CSV view for the last couple of days. its part of my computing coursework. i am sure you will find it usefull.

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/gregloutsenko/csv_.zip
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

OMG the hotkey thing is nice, but I really hope it's not in the game in the state of the picture, that interface really needs some updating and changes, because working on 4 screens just doesn't cut it for me.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

me too.

Return to “General Discussion”