how about night and day - Page 2

how about night and day

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

should there be a night and day option/mode?

yes, there should be
81%
no, there should not be
8%
i am not sure
12%

Total votes: 26

smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

I know of other games that checked the system clock (Dungeon Keeper 2) and it might be cool to have a day/night effect like that provided it could be turned off. It's eye candy and could get annoying.... don't force me to gamma jack!
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Its not just eye candy in some games, it can reduce los which is a big deal in alot of my online games.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

only game sporting real time (1:1) day/night cycles was Operation Flashpoint and Operation FlashPoint Resistance ...
Not quite what I meant, Dwarden. I was refering to day or night being a constant related to the map, rather than a time-based variable.

And yeah, I think the biggest advantage of including night would be the changes to gameplay, rather than just cosmetic. If it is just cosmetic, then Spring could do without it...
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

We could do UST UNIVERSAL SPRING TIME and base the clock cycle on that. I think that the warlords suggestion though basic doesnt allow for enough innovation as the other suggestion does. If we do not innovate then we are not special and if we are not special it isnt worth it. Just because spring stands out from the crowd atm doesnt mean we should stop does it?!
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

It was pretty awesome in Earth 2150, but headlights would have to be added to buildings aswell as vehicles, and there would be an added resource drain. If its doable it would be coo, but I'm guessing theres lots of other stuff to finish...

Return to “General Discussion”