SSAI tidbits - Page 2

SSAI tidbits

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

First, sorry to resurect this post but I have some questions...
The ressource Agent will tell to the appropriate agent to build ressource when we are out of ressource.
But very offen it's better to begin big constructions like fusion or geotermal when we are full of energy. So will the AI anticipate or juste reacte?

And can we assign a behavior to an AI like porcing, rushing, making a lot of ressources, air attaque etc...? Or will it always begin with the same build order. (On the same map of course)?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

N o the AI would have to have some sort of probability thign with a sort of randomness to it. So teh AI would build differently according to where it was palced and the immediate resources available.

To build the same things at the beginnign every signle time would be a violation of Sun Tzus art of war.

As for the resource agent, one of its responsibilities is making sure that resources expand at the fastest rate possible. I ahvent outlined major details but I'm sure now you've said that I'll keep that in mind.

People, poke holes in mine and triaxx2's ideas wherever possible and as often as possible!
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

As far as I can tell, mine would build totally random at the moment. You'd never know what it was going to do until it has done it. As for behavioral patterns, mine can change depending on how the G.O.D. is programmed. If you tell it you want to fight a porcer, then it's going to porc for you, but it's still going to expand. You might find yourself porcing to stop it from expanding it's base right over the top of you. Because of the offense/defense nature of my AI's group power calculation, you might be hard pressed to stop a 700 hawk attack from my air attackers.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I'd have to say mine was a quick expanding aggressive AI with the same expansio properties Triaxx2 said above, exept mine ahs a more value based building scheme so Expect large concentrations and sparse regions that correlate to resources and strategic positions. I'll have to think up some more on build locations and making my AI porc expand or whatnot

Return to “General Discussion”