Clan abbreviation

Clan abbreviation

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you want the clan abbreviation displayed?

[CLAN] name
44%
<CLAN> name
3%
|CLAN| name
19%
(CLAN) name
3%
name (CLAN)
11%
CLAN_name
6%
name clan
14%

Total votes: 36

jouninkomiko

Clan abbreviation

Post by jouninkomiko »

I thought about it and decided that there will be no option as to how you will display your clan abbreviation. So what we will be deciding on is how it will look for everyone.

Note, the last option is small and italicized clan abbreviation
Longaxe

Post by Longaxe »

I like the last one it├óÔé¼Ôäós unique, although you might want to consider making the clan abbreviation a subscript.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

I just think the whole |-----| looks neat. Clean. Simple. I could settel for smaller font but not the italics it makes some letters iledgable at that size.

aGorm
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I really liked the idea of Longaxe saying that it could be an image.
It would take very little space. Some few letters and it would take alot more space than a small image.
Not to mention that it would distinguish from the other letters of the player's name.

Not beeing able to do it as an image, i would like to have them in Uper-Case, bolded and in Blue/Red, having the clan name first, separated by a "." or "@".
Like:
Spring.jouninkomiko
Spring@jouninkomiko

The Spring.jouninkomiko is the one that looks more simple. So it's the one i like best.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

I don't think it is a good idea to lock these kind of things. Most clans vary the special characters in their clan tag to further differentiate themselves. The only exception I know of is TA clans on zone who can only use the clan_name format since no other special character than "_" is allowed in names.
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

I voted for |???|, like in "|FuTa| Michilus_nimbus"
Like aGorm said, clean and simple.
The ideal clan environment would support colored names, like |FuTa|Michilus_nimbus, but that might make things look like an ugly flower power looking thingy.
maylander

Post by maylander »

i am for the last choice. I really would prefer a standardisized format for clan tags. Allowing a icon for each clan would be great. It also would allow the clan to differentiate more than some l337 clan tags.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

PauloMorfeo wrote:Spring.jouninkomiko
Spring@jouninkomiko
Being used to mail and site addresses, I would expect it to be PeopleName@ClanName, and PeopleName.ClanName, no the other way around. However, I'm also used to having clan tag as a prefix, not a suffix. Since the two usages are conflicting, don't use . nor @ as clan tag delimiters.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

zwzsg wrote:... I would expect it to be PeopleName@ClanName, and PeopleName.ClanName, no the other way around.
Well, says who!?
I mean, having the "@" could confuse people but using the ".", i see no reason why it would look bad beeing Clan.Player ! We wouldn't be using Internet standars or anything, we would be using our own made standards.
zwzsg wrote:... I'm also used to having clan tag as a prefix, not a suffix ...
As far as i see, clan names are always a prefix and that's the way i prefer it, too.
It's like folders. We have the root folder, which has folders, which has folders, ...
We have the Clans, which has players, ...

Anyway, i voted yesterday on [Clan]Player as it is by far the most common way of presenting Clan membership.
RightField

Post by RightField »

How about just having it as a client side option that you can adjust yourself.
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

I might end up doing that. But for now, I'll leave it one way with the possibility of updating it in the future. It looks like |CLAN| is going to win
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

[Clan]
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Mars Keeper wrote:[Clan]
[SK] hail to the king baby!
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

Cheesecan wrote:
Mars Keeper wrote:[Clan]
[SK] hail to the king baby!
[SK] shall reign supreme!
You shall bow before us!

[Clan] is the way to go!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

But [---] are so borring. There used everywhere. Spring Should go for somthing different.

|GORM|This is my boom stick!
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

But I like the box feeling I get with [Clan].
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

aGorm wrote:But [---] are so borring. There used everywhere.
Mars Keeper wrote:But I like the box feeling I get with [Clan].
Exactly...

It gives a feeling of Start/End and also, most people are confortable with that. The |Clan|, looks wrong in my eyes because it has no indication of where the tag starts and where it ends.

Using something diferent i would prefer
PauloMorfeo wrote:Spring.jouninkomiko
Simple and elegant but no one seems to suport my idea.

Anyway, i will surely not cry over such matter as there are much more important features...
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

PauloMorfeo wrote:
aGorm wrote:But [---] are so borring. There used everywhere.
Mars Keeper wrote:But I like the box feeling I get with [Clan].
Exactly...

It gives a feeling of Start/End and also, most people are confortable with that. The |Clan|, looks wrong in my eyes because it has no indication of where the tag starts and where it ends.
Yes!
You read my mind!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

WHAT!??! so lets just get this stright... |Gorm| do you realy think that the one at then end is the one at the begining? I mean, if you were upside down, maybee, but whos gonna play upside down? (other than me) I mean [GORM] aGorm and |GORM| aGorm there both incredibly obviose but the second is clearly more stylish. The [---] just look.... I dont know, to borring and samey.

aGorm
maverick256

Post by maverick256 »

la la, just to tip the scale of the balance here..... ;)

Return to “General Discussion”