Absolute Annihilation - Page 2

Absolute Annihilation

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Should we have AA as the basic mod?

Poll ended at 08 Apr 2005, 05:55

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 19

Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Let us focus on getting those higher polygon OTA models complete and the actual Spring engine released before attempting to taint the first experiance of Spring with (Insert mod name here.)

Because no matter what, there will always be people that will skip the original content, play the flashy mods and proceed to bitch about the mod errors in the wrong forum. This happens especially with gaming becoming more and more mainstream. People will show up in the forum that have never played Total Annihilation, but have played Spring. (God forbid.) And some of these people will have had their first experiance with the concept of Total Annihilation through a mod because they skip the original content by mistake or on purpose.

Do not package the first release of Spring with any mod.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Wha SJ has said it is released with XTA and thats that, the SY's know best and if you want AA then install it yourself. I am happy to play AA in sprign but I refuse to have it imposed on me and I resent the constant attempts made by AA supporters to take advantage of the enw engine to bias the community towards their mod through such tactics as this.

Go create a thread entitled AA with no poll and keep your plotting in there.
smokeynseinor

Post by smokeynseinor »

it wouldnt be very good to make aa the default mod for spring,
even tho i do play aa lots i think it would be best for the sys to leave the coice of mod upto the player then that way there wont be any arguments and people getting pissed off,

my two cents

Return to “General Discussion”