Music

Music

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Music

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Two things...

1) On another forum I subscribe to there was a guy offering his musical tallents for free to any games being made.

See post : http://www.gamels.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=150

Just thought you'd want to know.

2) Spring needs a themesong, personally I vote for either Thunderstruck or Back in black. But feel free to post your personal choices so I may mock you for your bad taste in music.
deth

Post by deth »

Rust in Peace [ Megadeth] would be a cool song.

Can they use actual, commercialy released songs though? Might there be copyright issues?

More in the theme of the original orchestal TA, a Paginni piece would be cool
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

You don't need to actually use the song, its just something that would be cool to have associated, so whenever you hear that song you think of spring.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

:roll:

At the very least..

Spring needs to be able to play music from the CDROM and..
(Most important feature for the entire game right here.)

Needs to have the option where you can assign certain tracks to play when the tide of battle changes.. as is done in TOTAL ANNIHILATION.

If any of your don't have a clue as to what I am talking about because you've NOCDed your exe, then shame on you. Total Annihilation plays different music according to what's happening in the game, whether it be that you're building, or in the midst of a battle. In fact, for me, the feeling of the game without dynamic music is so empty, the game itself is not as fun.

If anything, at least make Spring spew data that could be read by a Winamp plugin or some other music playing program.

Among it's countless revolutionary features, Total Annihilation's music is no doubt one of the most noticed, at least in the circle of my friends.

I'm not even asking for Mp3 support, which would be nice too, but only in conjunction with changing with the tide of battle.
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

i could not agree with you more, neuralize. this is a feature id love to have as well. clearly, the engine and other things take precedence... but even if i have to add it as a feature myself, itll go in at some point
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

I agree, but don't make it read it off the CD, merely check if the CD is there. Because mine is scratched and none of the music will play. (No, I do not have an illegal CD)
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Uhm. What? The game data won't have to be read off the cds. Music man, MUSIC.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

:shock: A scratched TA disc???!?!?!?!?!?!

*faints*
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Foo Fighters 'My Hero'
'X-Static'
'Watershed'
Red Hot Chillis (of course)
Funeral For A Friend 'Casually Dressed and In Deep Conversation (album)
Maybe a bit of Nirvana or something??? but if you ut theses songs in the game u would b sued so this is ALL theoretical
High Caliber

Post by High Caliber »

Alantai Firestar fainted? Quick, some one get a higher post count while you have the chance.

And if it's any help:
http://www.doepkeonline.com/TA_music/

Some other music I thought might fit:
http://www.doepkeonline.com/TAS%20Music

[EDIT] WTF? Why isn't the URL tag working?[/EDIT]
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

To tell the truth, Someone nick half my disks... so the CC and The single player disks are copies of my mates... Atleast i have the real CD case though! And NOCD was handy... I can never be bothered to swap CD's

The Original Music Should be Used, But like with the original, you should be able to play whatever you like... Maybe add in some inteligent crossfadding cause TA jumped a bit...

ohh and MP3 playing from a folder you set would be gr8!

aGorm
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Im goin at the OTA music to try and make it small enough to work with spring (jorms writin a script for music, or so he says)........... otherwise i dunno.......
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

how about have 4 folders in the spring directory.
Building, Combat, Victory, Defeat
In each you put your own music. That means no copywrite issues, and you can put the TA music there.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

This actually means not developer copyright issues...

What are YOU going to put in it? :twisted:
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

i didn't say im writing a script for music! i said if i get around to it after the lobby work is done, then i'll look into it

Return to “General Discussion”