Insignia and ranking logos

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I propose that the arm and core insignias be optional and that a user may ahve a custom colour scheme and insignia, For example in homeworld the ships had two abse colours ontop of textures that the user could choose awell as a custom insignia to personalise the ships to a common theme that could be recongized

Also a way fo telling a units rank by looks is necessary, any suggestions?
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Agreed.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I'm going to be covering that in detail when I get done with my post about the New Unit Format :)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

For someone whose only posted twice you seem intent on making waves already :wink:
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

my god of spring! alantai has rabies!!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

You got rabies yourself Mr. 70+ posts. Oh no wait, your an admin and you cheted to get that many... :D

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I resent your bullying tactics jouninkomiko and I think them a disgrace to yourself. I respected you before hand but now you're just being vindictive.

Take this title away from me immediatly!
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

lol :lol:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

STOP LAUGHING AT ME :evil:
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Well, thank god i dont have any silly names under mine, hehehehe. Just you wait Alantai I'll beat you in posts one day...

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

On the contrary, I think this needs for drastic action to rid oneself of this accursed name I have been cursed with
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

Well, "rabid" can be retranslated through our Russian language into words like "Fierce" "Enraged" "Crazy", and the like. So, that name isn't so truly bad in my opinion. :P
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Well if Alanti doesn't want it then I'll have it. But then I'm not much of a poster so you'd have to remove that part just leaving rabid. Wow, me in a word.

And maybe instead of an insignia texture you could have a huge flag pole sticking out of units you slected so when you send and army and they come into veiw they've got huge banners following them, with your personalised logo, just a sort of roman standard sort of thing, and for commanders it would be automatic.
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

lol its not bullying, its just some good fun. if i wanted to be a bully, i could've done a lot worse :) besides, you have an honorary title... what's wrong with that?
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

Yah... I wish I had an honorary title. Even if it isn't the coolest title, its better than nothing!

But its gone already... and I missed it...
(omg! This forum drives me to spamish posts!)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Yes I got someone else to get rid of it,

What sue is an honourary title that offends me and is seen as an attack on my honour??
I dont mind a title and I dont mind ti being about posting lots but I do mind somehtign like rabid.

I like the idea of flags, perhaps we could change it so that the user has the option to place a model of their choice over the insignia texture such as a flag or a banner or a bunch of flowers or just a protest sign, perhaps clothing even, I can just see mine with a good scarf
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

The problem is how would this be implamented? I know that they could prob make spring replace certain txtures with others, but if people built units with custom arm and core logos, then how would the engin know they were the logos to swap? Its a neat idea that id love to have but I just want to point out any problems. Ofcourse, you may have already though of a work around for that.

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The engine would have a list of texture names so that it knows what textures to replace ingame, and if it was model absed and not texture based then the engine would place the model perpendicular to the plane of the face that is textured for one plane randomly chosen or set by the modeler, preferrably toward the right at the back towards the top.y All other faces using this texture would follow what I said above
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

ahh well, it got removed a day sooner than i would've anyways! to add to this discussion, textures wouldn't even need to be replaced. you can overlay the flag or insignia on a certain part of a unit. I supose an area should be specified for this kind of thing in the NUF.
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

Why even use logo colors? Just use the same logo-like system, but with different pictures instead of colors. These would change as unit gains experience, and they could be placed in corresponding places, without interfering with the logos.

Return to “General Discussion”