Reviving the request list - Page 7

Reviving the request list

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

But both is far more acceptable and will earn you more cookies.
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

Archangel of Death wrote:But both is far more acceptable and will earn you more cookies.
I guess that was directed at me? :P
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Mmmhmm
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

King of the Hill and Capture the Flag
Sean Mirrsen wrote:I vote for "King of the Crater"!! :D:P
«King of the Crater» sounds good.
Also, «Capture the Galactic Gate» would do the job and it would be consistent with the original story and to the fact that when ending the game, it would not matter if that army was just about to be crushed.
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

Why don't we add things like Double Domination, Assault, Hot Potato?
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Explain?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Archangel of Death wrote:But both is far more acceptable and will earn you more cookies.

Have you been eyeing my cookies?! Leave off heir mine!

*Alantai finds cookies and archangels person and confiscates them replacing them with exploding bannanas*
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

Hot Potatoe would require some kind of pick up script. Prehaps an anti capture unit :P that way it auto transfers control to your opponent (or some kind of unit that drives around and is invunrable, commander hunting........)
Archangel of Death

spammalicious...
*eats bananas which cause a small burp*
Fine, if you don't want to reward him with cookies, I'll just go find something better to give him.

Hot potato: Another idea would be to have an "object" that spawns in a random position near a random player's commander. The "object" is reclaimed to pass it on to the next player. Classic hot potato music (what is that?) is playing the whole time, or something that sounds like both hot potatoe and TA music. When the music stops, the "object" fires upon its current target, destroying it. Begin next round. Just make the weapon long enough ranged and not get stopped by terrain, or the "object" follow the commander with amazing speed. The music would have to be dynamic, and stop at random times.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

meh, 11 minutes more downloading and I'll be in heaven, I aint got time to wait for those bannanas o go boom inside yu shredding you to pieces
Archangel of Death

They already did go boom... small burp. You really shouldn't underestimate my stomach.
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

I can't believe it! Dual monitors works!!! Kick ass!
FolCan

Post by FolCan »

Something to add to the lobby is to tell if the games in progress or not
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Yes and we should have game resolution and system mem back in battle room. And also a clock in game. and spacing of the lines. my entire area with mines blew up cuz I didn't space em enough. And a more clear way to ally in the game itself.
The Grand Poobah

Post by The Grand Poobah »

How did you get dual monitors to work? Is there an option for it somewhere? It won't show up on my second monitor.
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

Dual monitor? It resizes itself. Just grab the edge and pull. Or, if you have nvidia, use the dual-screen maximize button. Or set the resolution realllllly wide in preferences.
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

Updated with the beta .40 info.
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

I just got back to the US after several months in Europe. Europe was awesome (sorry, didn't get to Sweden, though Athens was cool) but I have no idea what's happened in Spring since April.

Fill me in on the big developments, and I'll add them to/check them off the requiest list accordingly.

Thanks!
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

how about:

Units don't shoot other friendlies by accident
Improved first person mode
the ability to twiddle with fbi tags in the script!
That new model format
Truely 3d maps (FF anyone?)
The ability to have mobile factories (basically units that build other units like factories do instead of placing them on the ground)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Replace truly 3D maps with the ability to build on features, TA:FF maps are possible now with the new map tag to make the ground invisible.

And the ability to build other untis like factorys while being mobile can be done using zwzsg, factory transporters.

Camera and GUI control for GroupAI callback interface, unified weapons class.

Return to “General Discussion”