TA Spring - New logo & Site design, updated again! - Page 3

TA Spring - New logo & Site design, updated again!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Wich logo is the best?

From first row?
51%
From second row?
3%
From third row?
46%

Total votes: 37

shnorb

Post by shnorb »

*blink*
moth3r

Post by moth3r »

Is there option to edit a poll? I can edit thread messages but poll i can't. I wanna add 4th option for new 4th logo and 5th option> "I wanna keeep the actual spring logo".

And for all.. post your opinion.. Like or not it's always important to have as much opinions as you can get.. not so many now to call it statistic.
moth3r

Post by moth3r »

SeanHeron wrote:
Does this conflict in some way with the GNU GPL nature of Spring? I don't think it's good to accept things with strings attached, innocuous or not.
I can´t be sure of course, but I guess he didnt mean it the way you understood it (I interpreted it the way you thought as first as well).
Of course i m giving ├é┬® rights to Spring communitiy if it happens to use some of my materials. This is my primary intention. I only said "credits" and we all know what is credit taken for. So i did not saw my url incorporated in spring logo propostions designs ..i used only as part of concept art as common practise.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

[EDIT]
Doh! Forgot to check the other pages and moth3r already did searched for the older posts so there is no longer a point in some of what i wrote!
[/EDIT]

[Removed]

Also, keep in mind that there is the Spring engine, a 3D engine to run RTSs, and there is TA Spring, the combination of the Spring engine and content derived from Total Annihilation (units set and stuff). Each of the 2 should have it's own logo, maybe related. That distiction didn't managed to be made since there was lack of artwork and not enough ideas on it, i think.

I say, feel free to propose logo distinction between the RTS engine and TA-Spring or any other artwork that could distinguish the game (like intro screens or an image to be shown at the front page).
moth3r

Post by moth3r »

I m not strictly stiched to this design but from this concept picture i will describe my opinion about this site how must look & behave. Picture from header has to be rotable (Every minute or navigation click will load another). Navigation is simple and clean to let anyone first here use it on their own. Content bellow header is on white background so it is very simple to edit and add all sort of data. Actual example is content from Joomla template because in lack of time i did not want to recreate it in photoshop.

I think this site design is very flexible and clean.. on bottom you can have another navigation + copright info as u want (you can see actual Joomla) and you can add another navigation based on content bellow header (like messageboard has now when u load it)

And did everyone noticed info about players stats in server , messageboard on the top of the page?

So thats it.. i used materials you can freely download as templates, skins and so implentation would not be a problem.. some changes to template are obvious.

patmo98

Post by patmo98 »

The navigation bar looks nice.
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

Just a couple things I'd like to toss out.

1) Nice design possibility for the website. I like the colors and the change in screenshot.

2) When I think of spring, the first thing that comes to mind is either a flower or tree (well, now it's a tank, but I was talking pre-TA:Spring in my life :lol: ). When I think of what the sun might represent, I think of summer.

I think a tree could look cooler than a flower, but then I'm partial to heavier designs.
moth3r

Post by moth3r »

This design i build up in half an hour.. No problem when i know what and how i want. Screenshot in headers is just first photo i found from engine on my hdd. These photos from header are meant to be changed dynamicly. This would be nice feature and would allow first timers to be interested in site project at first.. When i first come here i was old TA player so i know what i will found here..

Logo with plant... it looks to me as nuclear mushroom :) But plant can be as second meaning.. so logo is flexible enough.. it can even survive the thing "spring" be renamed in Total Annihilation :)
Corbeau

Post by Corbeau »

I guess my view is:

Plant for Spring.

Mushroom cloud for TA (whichever TA mod you happen to play).

Easy, simple, captures the feeling. IMO, of course. :-)
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

Its boring and generic.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Das Bruce wrote:Its boring and generic.
Agreed, I greatly prefer the design we have now. That page looks like it was meant to be for a travel agency, not TA:Spring. Atleast the buttons could have more of a gradient/bevel to them. And the screenshot part is a bit too clunky and large in my opinion.
mongus

Post by mongus »

the problem is your logos (as some other ive seen here) have nothing to do with the game.

The one with the sun and the hills aside reminds me of a local cell phone company, that has a logo that looks like women's legs in strange possition, disturbing.

Yours had the head aswell.

Its only an interpretation, could be many other stuff but dont like it anyhow.

(its not local company, fugly logo.)
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

The Website picture looks very professional! :shock:

But i would prefere something more aggressive. Perhaps a Tank or a Kbot fireing or exploding. I mean we are playing a war game and all mods are war mods. So we should show in the logo something that is hardly connected with the game.
Another Idea is a wireframe view of a unit going over into the textured view of the unit. So everyone knows, that spring is the engine and with the model seen everyone knows that its a war game.
mongus

Post by mongus »

Optimus Prime wrote:The Website picture looks very professional! :shock:
A template?
moth3r

Post by moth3r »

Okay..this has same funcionality than current but in much nicer way. And main problem with content is that i dont have it on my screenshots besides of template. I said before.. content will be the same.. same funcion.. only colors will be changed and bg.

And yeah..it has to look as travel angency.. i m just looking on dream island in header am i ? ;)

moth3r

Post by moth3r »

Header is my design.. no template used, as borders etc. Only parts of two sorts of templates is used for generating content and bottom copyright. It's not rip off..

and the most important thing i repeat over and over again.. header photo/pic is not static... i will made twenty screens just to randomly changing them in header.. so if want explosion ok.. you will have it.. You want tank.. ok no problem.. Go on next question pls.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

I don't like it.

Makes it look like a coorperate (business) site not a games site.
moth3r

Post by moth3r »

clericvash wrote:I don't like it.

Makes it look like a coorperate (business) site not a games site.
I can't believe it.. current site now does not look as gamer site, neither as corporate professional. Why u did not have such high standards when current site was designed?

If u imagine that my design can be fulled with gamers content than i suppose it will look like gaming community ...and not with plain txt. in the middle... but i m not going to full content only because some of you cant imagine current content via new design. And you said somethin good too. "it looks corporate.." for me this can be another word for professional so thx.

I m not offended with critiques i m just using my right to reply :)
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

This is realy realy kinda funny, in teh "we need a new webdite thred" I sugested all these things and got complained at.

Anyway... i personly dont think it "feels" like spring. I look at that and I jsut dont get that feeling. Admitadly the current site doesn't realy either, but, say file univers gives off a file univers feel. Some of teh old TA pages (like MAD TA) give off tah TA feel. The spring site should give off a "Spring feel".

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Fnordia threw this site togetehr quickly, after whcih we came, and we had divided opinions over what should be done, ltitle was done at all few if nto any suggestions where made.

You're forgetting several things. I cand raw those logos very quickly, they're easier to remember and they have a coherent theme. Neuralizes do not, whatsmore a flower in the word spring doesnt envisage what spring is about.

Secondly your all thinking in the spring == TA mindset again. Spring wasnt about rebirth, it just used TA's content because the SY's have never admitted to having artistic flair strong enough to make a mod from scratch.

ignore the dividedness of the community and just go ahead and do it anyways, whatever you make is gonna be better than what we have now, and the people who wotn like it will make a hell of a fuss over it.

As for neuralizes designs, go make him work some mroe on them and come up with a coherent theme of logos artwork site designs game GUI's that all fit together and present it, otherwise your getting just as far as you would posting a random screenshot while destroying whatever progress gets made..

Dont turn this into another popularity contest.

moth3r you seem to ahve an idea as to where you're going, I suggest you follow ti before parts fo the community try to crush you.

Return to “General Discussion”