3 Questions in 1 Thread!!!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

siborg

Post by siborg »

Ok, rather than post 3 new threads, i thought i'd just put them all into 1:

Question 1: Can anyone tell me when the next version of TA Spring is going to come out? And what improovements are planned for the next version?

Question 2: What are some of the most commonly played mods? (besides absolute annihilation)

Question 3: Does anyone play Ye Olde TA online? If so what client do they use? I have tried to use Phoenex Worx, but I can't seem to get connected to the direct play lobby. I know it is something to do with port forwarding (which i have tried), but i just cant play the original online.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Don't know about the first, but:

XTA seems to be quite popular, as well as World Domination and FF. Don't forget good old Star Wars Spring ;)
Check the wiki for more information regarding mods.

Yes, people definitely play TA online. I do.

I mostly play by IP, organising games via IRC:

Server: irc.gnug.org
Channel: #swta

GBL, or Gaming Battle League, is set to make a return for TA shortly, and there is another gaming provider called 'Warzone'. See TA Universe for more information.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Imo the only two decent mods other than AA are SWTA and TLL.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Thanks, Doomweaver :)
We're very close to our next release, but we don't want to bring it out until we are certain that it plays well. Keep your eye out for it!

Personally, I am most looking forward to the release of AATA.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:Thanks, Doomweaver :)
We're very close to our next release, but we don't want to bring it out until we are certain that it plays well. Keep your eye out for it!

Personally, I am most looking forward to the release of AATA.
Me too, I hope it's better than WD, which isn't bad but isn't solid either. Way too much clutter to be enjoyable.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I'm not a dev myself but...

For a sneak peak at what will be fixed and how much prgress has been made... check the Mantis

I am also led to understand that the Linux Port Mailing List has information about whoes doing what...

Return to “General Discussion”