Flooded Desert Map not in Latest version

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

siborg

Post by siborg »

It seems that the latest version bundle does not include the flooded desert map that is supposed to be one of the "stock" TA Spring maps, according to fileuniverse. I tried searching for it on fileuniverse and the download has been disabled, and I did a (quick) google on it and found nothing. Anyone know where I can get it from?
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Hm strange.

It is in the linux data tarball of version 0.70b2...
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Flooded Desert was very rarely (if ever) played. This was probably done to keep from using needless bandwidth. I do remember playing my first multiplayer game on Flooded Desert, though, it's a pretty map, even if it does not play well.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

FizWizz wrote:Flooded Desert was very rarely (if ever) played. This was probably done to keep from using needless bandwidth. I do remember playing my first multiplayer game on Flooded Desert, though, it's a pretty map, even if it does not play well.

...shut up.

Srsly, that map is great! It is a litthe weird, but it's pretty fucking sweet. It got a good choke point, water can bombard land, pretty good metal, Defendbole geo for qwicker middle game...

The only problem is that the only land bridge is low in water, and a small crawling bomb can esaly blow it up and make land unexxcesbole. Offcourse, you could use the "repair terrian", witch really makes it into a destoyebol bridge of some kind.

Another problem is that hovers have a small problem getting up on the beaches, but more then 1 water map has this problem.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

kixxe is mean >: (

I'm not arguing that the map is great or not, but the thing is (as far as I can tell) that it is unbalanced as far as resources go. It's been a while since I last played it, but IIRC, the left side has a lot more land space, a ton of it is farther inland (and away from naval bombardment) than on the right side, and it has more metal too. I like the map, and if there was a remake using that style I'd download it for sure, but the map is not fair I dont' think.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

^
what he said
had some great games on it but i realised there were uneven land masses. i did enjoy owning people later on however on the smaller half but then gave up on the map entirely, gimme comet! :D
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

FizWizz wrote:kixxe is mean >: (

I'm not arguing that the map is great or not, but the thing is (as far as I can tell) that it is unbalanced as far as resources go. It's been a while since I last played it, but IIRC, the left side has a lot more land space, a ton of it is farther inland (and away from naval bombardment) than on the right side, and it has more metal too. I like the map, and if there was a remake using that style I'd download it for sure, but the map is not fair I dont' think.
Thats more like it :P

I thougt you where bashing the playabilty of the map in generall when you said "t's a pretty map, even if it does not play well.". It's looks very pretty, but the gameplay sucks.
siborg

Post by siborg »

i just wanted to get a copy of the map so i could watch a replay that someone posted. Also, it says in the downloads that it includes three maps. I'm not too worried about it, I just wanted to have a look at the replay... im sure there are plenty of other great maps available out there.
mongus

Post by mongus »

You can thank mother for the upload and the storm for the hosting at FU.

Download Spring stock maps form FU (included flooded desert), and flooded has a great metalmap (depsite being a metal fest, the layout is my favorite).

edit: oh!, just realized it was disabled, maybe if you ask for it to be re-enabled ? puh.
Ace07

Post by Ace07 »

Speaking of the devil... thats the map that was screwing up the port of unitsync.dll. Well, with it gone its less work for me. :twisted:
siborg

Post by siborg »

mongus wrote:You can thank mother for the upload and the storm for the hosting at FU.

Download Spring stock maps form FU (included flooded desert), and flooded has a great metalmap (depsite being a metal fest, the layout is my favorite).

edit: oh!, just realized it was disabled, maybe if you ask for it to be re-enabled ? puh.
yeah... it is disabled. That was the first place I looked. Thanks for trying anyway
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Return to “General Discussion”