RING buttons and server messages

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

While ive been playing many games on the lobby server, i notice too many times that players will leave from my room when im not tapping my eyes in it. I mean, if i wait players, i dont watch the room constantly.

What if we add some button which will RING the host? Or maybe simplier: server message which will appear in the room chat box when you join. So you could type in there: "SEND PM WHEN ALL READY".
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

easier solution: let the lobby make some noize when someone enters in or sais something, just as in private chat.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

you can already do that
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Edit: Nvm, i found something: Options -> Program -> Notifications -> Add -> "Player joins a battle..."

Thank you.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I see hosts go AFK all the time while players are getting the map and getting into teams. I CONSTANTLY have to ring hosts of games I join and kick AFK hosts from client. It would be really nice if players had the capability of ringing the host for a game they've joined, just like the host is able to ring all the players in his game.
Chocapic

Post by Chocapic »

SwiftSpear wrote:... It would be really nice if players had the capability of ringing the host for a game they've joined, just like the host is able to ring all the players in his game.
that was possible before
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

bring back the /ring anyone ability, and add an /ignore ability to keep it from getting out of hand...
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

TradeMark wrote:Edit: Nvm, i found something: Options -> Program -> Notifications -> Add -> "Player joins a battle..."
:shock:
Live and learn!

Return to “General Discussion”