Interface style suggestions - Moddable interface

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Would you like to have possibility to modify the interface style?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I like the old TA interface, no transparent menus, or anything, solid black.
And non moving things (static).

What if we could make own interface styles? It cant be hard to implement, just few variables from a file etc. I could maybe do that myself by changing the code O_O but i cant test the code... and i cant even compile it.

Few things what i would like to change:

- Current metal/energy status bar (on the top) could not be moved, sometimes i move that bar when i choose units, and i dont see any good reason why it should be moved at all.

- Minimap size would be fixed as how it was in old TA. So it wont make really large minimaps which overflows on the other menus. If this is bad, maybe there would be CTRL+mouse button to move or resize the minimap.

- All transparent things changed into solid. Only the chat box into 100% transparent, no background colors or anything.

- When you have selected construction unit which is building something, you could see a bar at bottom which shows how much it have been building (same kind bar when you have F9 key on, but more larger (i dont like to use the F9 key all the time)) Just like in the old TA, when you select unit which is shooting, you could see how much health the enemy has left. And when you select building, you could see its health bar on the bottom, and so on... just like in old TA.

- Fixed font size, its really weird how the font is now, in small resolutions you cant even read text at all (or is that already fixed?) But anyways, the font should be fixed size, and even more better: you could choose the size, and select antialising or not (i dont like too much antialising).
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

ARGH! can you spell: N-E-W- -G-U-I?
Aun

Post by Aun »

If the minimap is too big, just resize it. Drag the bottom right corner to resize, drag the top left to move.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I know it can be resized, moved, etc.
But it is more better if it will always be in the right size. Why to make game where you need always fix something? Thats what im talking about.

And what the heck are you complaining about the words what im using, Comp1337? Everyone understands what interface means, i didnt even know what GUI means, but now i know (graphical user interface).
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

We all want a new GUI.
For a long time, and everyone who put efford in making one tend to disappear without a trace.

There is a sticky in the development section that has more information about this.
Best to read the forums around before you post ;)
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

There are topics about this exact feature all over these forums, please use search or browse over the current front page topics or check the monthly topic rotation page before posting new feature requests.

**Locked because this discussion can easily be taken elsewhere**

Return to “General Discussion”