F-keys working on battleroom?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I dont remember every map metal spots, so what if we could use some key to show the metal map when you are looking the thumbnail of the current map?
Or also the heightmap, etc.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

I've been wanting this as well - mostly to see if a map I've never played before is a metal map (bad), continuous-metal (meh), or metal spots (good).
Lord JoNil

Post by Lord JoNil »

Mex radius should also be displayed.

I also would like a tool similar to the start box drawer but for indicating parts of the map that should not be accessible. So for example you could place the top and the bottom of altored divided off limit and only play in the middle left vs. right.

// Lord JoNil
Last edited by Lord JoNil on 01 Mar 2006, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

I think it would be a nice idea, but there are a couple things to keep in mind: The birghtness of the metal map is only a relative measure, even REALLY BRIGHT maps like 4Skulls can have less metal than say, Metalheck. Also, the brightness is effected by the underlying map texture too. This causes some people to think that some maps are metal maps, or metal-everywhere maps when they aren't.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

You mean the map textures makes it look more metallic map?

Then we need just simply show only the metal map, not textures at all.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

No, he mainly means that the metal map is relative. If max metal is set to 0.01 then a full metal spot will still be bright green, infact the same green as a full metal spot when max metal is set to 2 or 4, or another obserd metal map number.

aGorm
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

it's relative to the value in the SMD, all you need to do is show the metal map (untextured) and the extractor radius and max metal value and we can figure out the rest... it would be nice if you had a quick calculation of how much metal would be extracted by a "Metal Extractor" on a patch of 255 strength metal cause it would basically give you an idea what kind of range you are looking at... ooooh... even better idea, use one of the AI's metal extractor things and basically calculate what the optimal maximum metal value is... wait... go back to that first thing I said about showing extractor radius, metal map and max metal...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

One more thing to fix in the minimaps: possibility to see if the map is water map or not, i mean it would make water as blue or etc.

Its hard to see if some map has water or not.

Return to “General Discussion”