RIP BA - Page 4

RIP BA

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: RIP BA

Post by Forboding Angel »

Megatron wrote: 11 May 2019, 17:25 I'm not sure why all this anger and hate is being directed at me for simply expressing my opinion and stating my observations. My impression is that Forboding Angel is really bitter about something and misdirecting his anger at members of the BA community.
There was no anger or hate in the post above yours. Simply a statement of facts.
RickHustle

Post by RickHustle »

Forboding Angel wrote: 11 May 2019, 23:09 This is a problem with SPADS, not spring (if it is indeed a real issue, which I have doubts). I had linux autohosts hosting maintenance versions a while back. I switched them to windows so that I could more easily automate processes.
It's problem not SPADS. Bibim don't know how to solve it and it's problem only last versions BA (10.xx). All others mods and old BA 9.46 works perfectly. Stop talking, just try. I'm waisted already a lot of time for testing it.
Forboding Angel wrote: 11 May 2019, 23:09 It is not the engine developers responsibility to make sure that a new engine version is compatible with your game, it is your responsibility to update your game to maintain compatibility with new engine versions
Do normal numeration of versions. It's difficult to undrestand??? We don't need to new version every day.We need stable working versions maybe one or two per year. If you don't support BA, it's ok. Documentation about compatibility should be write by man who write it. And the same about other mods.
Forboding Angel wrote: 11 May 2019, 23:09 Moreover, your post indicates a level of disrespect to the point to where even if I were an engine dev and somehow could help you, I wouldn't.
I'm really angry already becouse you and other do nothing and only chat that gamers don't want to play at your awesome engine. We CANNOT! Simpy try to do it by yourself, test what i'm wrote and stop empty talking. I'm wrore really hard issues to you by numbers. What are you want from me else?

I don't know where else i can write about this problems. It's looks like nobody read this or nobody want to do this.
It's not bla-bla-bla, it's real issues.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Did you just assume my projecttype? I identify as a moddev, everyone here is just modding some wayward pong clone. Get over your egos.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

RickHustle wrote:It's problem not SPADS.... All others mods and old BA 9.46 works perfectly....
Please avoid posting the same issue in multiple threads; you have viewtopic.php?f=88&t=39438#p590891 (edit: future posts on your issue will be moved there). Several others who tried were successful and reported no difficulties, so its very likely a problem only within your own host; this is also what all of bibims suggestions point you towards.
PA is BA 9.46 updated for 104.0. Period. That's it.
Needs a disclaimer - as my post viewtopic.php?f=93&t=39426 says, currently its no more than a minimal effort port, it incorporates changes coming from the engine mostly without counterbalancing (with a handful of notable exceptions). But, if there would be any future by forking BA 9.46, I guess it starts from there or not at all.
NeOmega

Post by NeOmega »

I thought I felt a great disturbance and sadness about this game last night.

Return to “General Discussion”