Gosu Player ? - Page 4

Gosu Player ?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I agree with elements of the argument, Issac. One on one play is, to some degree, more valuable. Nevertheless my previous post will stand alone - and I may address yours directly.

Indeed, one on one is operation without a safety net - one mind imposed upon your overhead strategy, one hand directing the success of your endeavours. However, I can stick, consistently, fairly skilled one on one players together with little multiplayer experience or poor player bonds (Take most of the rogue Stars out there... even Tired can be afflicted by this) and have them play an inferior game to patently worse singular players bound into a group which has played together before.

I contend that singular ability is, indeed, about sixty percent of what makes a great team - but the other forty would be the interaction within a team. After all, one of you falls, the whole map could fall. I cite certain maps, such as MoonQ20, Altored_Divide and Crossings_v4 - interestingly the very maps that some clans favour - but nearly all suffer from this when played East v. West or North v. South. On a side note, I like running large team games with random spots - isn't done enough in my opinion.

Anyway, knowing how to share, what to watch for, how your allies play... dividing up advances, working together to generate and command a larger or more diverse force... these are all parts promoted by multiplayer communication and experience, and they contribute to a powerful team game.

As I mentioned before, [SmuG] (Despite occasionally pompous attitudes on the parts of the members, I am rather interested in the clan) is predicated on great individual ability applied to multiplayer games. You are an exception to the general rule, having both strong singular play and good understanding of multiplayer play with complete strangers or casual allies - this I have consistently observed. Nixa, Dragon, you even... There is little I enjoy more than watching [SmuG] or [EE] clan members unite a motley group of assorted allies into a more powerful force through example - rather than crush them outright by playing a stacked game of clan against unclanned.
Last edited by Neddie on 05 Nov 2006, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Ishach wrote: If you got 4 skilled 1v1 players on a team versus 4 people who only play 4v4 games with eachother on a map they have played equally as often, the 1v1 players would win without a hitch.
Indeed, since skilled players know how to teamplay aswell.

Isaac/Sleksa/Daywalker/Helly combo FTW!
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Neddie, DayWalkeR should be at hte very top of your best player list ^^

Edit: I mean bottom! <hides>
Last edited by Cabbage on 05 Nov 2006, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

And steve you gerodie git! I was saving myself for you and you just waltz off to canada! :cry:
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Ohh another thing, about that clan communication comment - pretty much all i talk to steve, machio RD etc about ingame or on TS is random crap :P

Triple post ftw!
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

I cried blood from my eyes when i saw neddie's posts.
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

I dont know who are best team players as i rarely play team games competitively but as for 1v1 1) me 2) Daywalker 3) Silencer other players that impress me are bhaal and sleksa and maybe some others that I cant remember now.
DemO

Post by DemO »

Heh, people tend to get the wrong impressions. Neddie first, to cover your points:
When [XHC], [WarC] and PRO mobilize they are tremendously skilled - though of course not unstoppable - and they tend to win, though as for matches between them, I can't say - we need more of them to evaluate with. [SmuG] is an interesting clan in their ability to turn a game as simply strong teamplayers - despite the fact that they tend to work as lone rangers, loosely affilated with those they play with rather than standing up as a clan - Nixa and Dragon are not to be underestimated.
Your first point here about XHC, WarC and PRO basically holds from folklore from whenever these 3 clans last played a full team match against each other, or other clans in AA at the moment (from what I know, a long long time ago) - you even say yourself "we need more of them to evaluate with" because you know fine well that you havnt seen them play a team match in recent times.

Secondly, i agree, smug is an interesting clan with some very strong individual players, and I chat to those of them that still come online as much as i can, and get games with them as much as i can, because they give a good game.
[LCC] and [tN] play, generally, the same couple maps. Don't jump on me here - it doesn't always hold true, but there are general trends. They each have skilled players, though few distinguished in 1v1. However, both clans are guilty of the common clan "sin" of running a stacked game, and using that advantage of clan communication and understanding to overpower a group of unorganized rabble on a map that they have practiced with consistently... Crossing_v4, MoonQ20, etc

Ok, this quote in particular is one where i feel you have made a bad impression of us under the actual circumstances, heres how it stands:

You say we play the same couple maps, well, to be honest, the majority of players in spring do, and thats not good. The SOLE reason for hosting the same maps over and over again is simple to get PLAYERS IN THE GAME. We constantly try hosting games on lesser played maps like canyon redux, parched mesa, moon quartet and the likes but the plain fact is those games just DONT FILL. Its not because we want to restrict ourselves to 5 or 6 maps, its because we're forced to. To give example, in every inter-clan game we've had so far (tN vs tN) we have NOT played any of the common maps, i.e. comet, xanthe, altored and the likes, because to put it simply, we're sick of them.

I suppose you could say both LCC and tN have few players distinguished in 1v1 (in comparison to XHC, WarC, PRO, SmuG), though personally I try to play 1v1s regularly against the more experienced 1v1'ers out there, and not without success. Lordmatt, Lionheart and Islington from LCC i've all played against and seen playing several 1v1s against good opponents from your WarC, XHC etc. I'm also trying to encourage some of the tN members to come into 1v1, because i think its productive in that skills can be learned and transferred to team games.

On to common sin of a stacked game: Trust me when i say this, all of us in tN would 100% prefer if when we hosted a game, everyone that joined was a well experienced, skilled player that would give us a good run for our money. We dont enjoy noob bashing but theres NO CHOICE in the matter when we cant decide who does and doesn't join our games. We have been seen to split up, spreading our players out across the 2 teams, in order to bring balance to games, but the sole purpose of playing in the same game in the first place is to play together and work on some tactics, strategy, teamwork, and overall have some fun. We cant do this as well if we're spread out and have to switch to seperate teamspeak channels just so we dont know what each are doing.

I welcome more experienced players to join our games because we WANT a tough game. Hell, i incourage them to stay when they DO come in, i even pm players i know are good asking them to join in and play, but you make it seem like we purposefully stack the teams so we never lose.

Thats all, hope you can make sense of all this...
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I'd rather play 1v1 than play with unreliable players.
DemO

Post by DemO »

huh?
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Demo that's a general statement that has nothing to do with that recent loss ;)
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

I don't mind retarded allies sometimes. It give me an excuse for commbombing with their comms ~_~
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

I prefer playing 2v1 then 2v2 with retarded ally <_<.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Moooo!

Yes, I should play more
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Yes you should.
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

-double post-

>.<
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

This just in: LCC beats tN twice today, though due in no part to my play. :P
DemO

Post by DemO »

nor mine. :D

We'll get another game soon i hope, would be interesting to see how each of our first teams play off if we can do that.

Todays games probably puts LCC in the lead so far as wins/losses goes, but dont get too comfy! :)
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Lol, in #lcc someone said its 4-0 or something, but I don't really know the count :-).
DemO

Post by DemO »

Hahah, you know fine well it isnt that from our 2v2, you and lion vs me and exit, delta siege dry, remember? :o Also we won a 5v5 a week or so ago on xanthe, (you beat us there today to level the tally for xanthe) although a couple weeks ago i remember we had a game on xanthe and it crashed when you guys were 3 comms down and pushed back pretty far, but we cant really consider that a win, bad sportsmanship and all:) Around the same time, we took 3 of you in a 3v3 on comet.

Course you've also had victories against us on moon (back in the early days), xanthe today and crossing 4 today. There are probly a couple of games i cant recall or wasnt around to witness where either LCC or tN won, but it was basically even so far as i know until today where you guys took the advantage for definate, based on games over the last few months.

Considering recent games, its probably still around about even, I havnt been noting each result officially just going from memory.

Regardless, we will no doubt have more matches in future because they mostly turn out to be tough, well matched games (except from crossings today where we literally fell to pieces and had no structure)

Look forward to future games anyway.

Return to “General Discussion”