Gosu Player ? - Page 6

Gosu Player ?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I participated in a 5v5 which... well, simply wasn't so, and trust me, that whole game was [WarC], PRO, and established Stars. I must have been one of the least skilled players there - and of course I rushed!

I found two enemy commanders, Daywalker killed them, and we beat through the other side, less than twenty minutes and we had them...

Anyway, sidetracked!

Suffice to say a firm middle ground is where I pitch my flag.
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Well then situation wasn't exactly as how you described, and all of them actually rushed :P.

Also WarC and PRO are good 1v1 players. So my theory holds :P.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

But not completely, and I'm not going to go into detail on this. If you think about it, standard multiplayer procedure might have denied us that easy breakthrough.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Of course... even teh best players can play badly some times. And even the poor players can be good. It all depends on occasion.

aGorm
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:@ smug, disagree there, four 1v1 players would probably not win if the 4v4 players had the same level of skill in their own field.. playing team games is teamwork: one player delays, one player techs, one player rushes, one player atlas's to an advantagous location.. the four 1v1 players all just go through standard operations, tech at regular speeds... just wouldnt have the advantage. at its best, a team of four will all attack the same player at once and roll up the flank.
the reason you say that is because generally, only the skilled players regulary do 1v1s... its too quick and painful for less skilled players.
a

Working as a team dosent suddenly mean that you can rush tech, or start air without being destroyed by players who just play normally.

Effective teamwork isnt players suddenly all succeding with dubious gimmick tactics. Its communicating with your allies and playing as if you were all one player, in goal and grand strategy.

Return to “General Discussion”