Gosu Player ? - Page 3

Gosu Player ?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

<- :)
wwyyy

Post by wwyyy »

Ive lost to noize and min3mat on a million occaisions and then that one game with sabutai as well. I owe it to them that im actually good now. the games taught me a lot. you're not overrated noize! :o
wwyyy

Post by wwyyy »

sab wanted a rematch so here it is
http://www.lonekiewie.com/guiltyspark/11bbs.zip

I had to zip it for the upload server to recognize it was there or something for some reason... I really don't know. in either case I still don't need to use gr.

am I cool yet for uploading a bragging rights replay like the rest of you?
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

u have our utmost respect lol :)
edit: ownage replay tbh, not that much fun to watch :< u did own him pretty hard though PW FTW!
antiCamper

Post by antiCamper »

I want demos(replays) of 2 or 3 best players AA and XTA.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

SwiftSpear wrote:SJ is an inreadible XTA player. Noize has to be one of the better AA players out there but there are a few that are high quality there. Min3mat is a great XTA player and easily an above average AA player. I haven't seen him on his game recently (last time we played he lost to me because his teamates didn't give him enough backup) but heze is supposed to be one of the better AA players around as well. Bigsteve is also a really great player, both XTA and AA.

Usually when mat posts a demo, which he does every once in a while, it's a sight to behold. Mat plays alot of high skill games so he'd know who's the best and why better then I would.

[edit] fixed bigsteve's name... God, I need to sleep better at night or something. Stupid cold.
If not for a dirty dirty commrush, which was very dirty, I would've kicked noize's ass just recently. Dirty noize, DIRTY!
Day

Post by Day »

Bump, im just wondering who people think are the best now :-)
pintle

Post by pintle »

PT paulada, M0ng, FOTB, Noruas, KnoX Myg + ElBarto own all at xta
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

pintle wrote:PT paulada, M0ng, FOTB, Noruas, KnoX Myg + ElBarto own all at xta
elbarto? ive beat him twice in a row on XTA, and i practically never play it..
EDIT: rANDY is teh ownage
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

http://spring-league.com/standings.php Shows some statistics... If people played more League games they would be more valid/up to date. ;)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Tired isn't as hot as he once was, but he is still up there.

In terms of 1v1, I'm a little less interested, to be honest. For me a lot of the fun comes out of multiplayer strategy and dynamic diplomacy...

In terms of team players, well, take all the highly selective, unified clans. [XHC], [WarC], [SmuG] and to some extent PRO... though I seldom see them together. [tN] and [LCC] are both far too limited, though some of their members have potential.
DemO

Post by DemO »

Seems most of the opinions of "who's the best" in here are based on reputations built up mainly from folklore and whos most widely known in this community, and on these forums. In particular, for example in AA hailing NoiZe and Min3 as two of the best in AA....i find that, from experience of spectating and playing most of the players in AA at some point, hard to agree with. Granted, they are good players, but to call them the best in AA is outrageous considering neither consistently win against any opponent for a long period of time. Until that happens personally i think nobody can be considered "the best".

No mention of randy, of daywalker? - these are players that DO consistently win and rarely lose in matches. Maybe because they dont post so much on these forums.

If you want to see "who's best", at 1v1s at least, go check the ladder and see who beats who consistently. Or come play us all 1v1 or team games before you make opinions which to me at least seem based mainly on folklore and the names most people know.

Perhaps we should get some tournaments going again, get everyone to enter, and see who does well consistently over the course of a few tournies.

Also, i feel team games (by that i mean clan matches) are not done enough...teams like LCC and tN generally play each other simply because WarC and XHC and the likes are never on in enough numbers to have a full match. We dont know what the outcome would be, we'd like to find out, be it lose or win, at least we'll know where we stand.

Oh and neddie, how do you mean we are limited? Do you even know anything of what matches we have won against other clans, and how many we lose, how many 1v1s those of us that play them win, or who we beat?

One last thing, the differences between a successful 1v1 player and a successful team game player are pretty big. Some 1v1 players are outright pathetic at playing team games, and the same is generally the case for team gamers playing 1v1s, so to define who's best would cover both of those game types, in my opinion.

Discuss:)
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

As clans, I'd have to say PRO is definitely, at worst, tied for #1.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Its me, close thread

Serious answer

#1 player at the moment I think would be Sleksa, at 1v1 that is
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Id have to say the best all round player Ive played against is Daywalker.
Best team player hmmm, Cabbage or anyone else from XHC. ^^

The ladder isnt a great indicator for me.
You need a league where all the best players play each other 4 or 5 times on a new map that neither has played.
3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss, then you could find the best player I think.

But I'll save you bothering, its the D man ^^

and that probably goes for xta and ee too hehe, damn you daywalker!

However... what he wont tell you is that he actually has 2 keyboards and hands on the ends of his legs :wink:
Last edited by BigSteve on 05 Nov 2006, 04:44, edited 4 times in total.
DemO

Post by DemO »

Good to see you still have e-web in canada:)

Have a tournament where the winner is un-arguably defined as the best player in AA spring, then close the discussion.

Personally i hope it turns out to be SuperNoob, the nick alone deserves the title.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

DemO wrote: Oh and neddie, how do you mean we are limited? Do you even know anything of what matches we have won against other clans, and how many we lose, how many 1v1s those of us that play them win, or who we beat?
You are going to have to explain what you mean by that. Some members just flash spam but that's not all of us.

I also disagree with the statement that good 1v1 players are not necessarily good team players. Give them people they play with consistantly and they will probably be better than team players who aren't good at 1v1s.

Finally, as soon as water maps are fully playable, you're going to see that at least some of us are very good at them. 8)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

First, DemO, most of the posts seen on this thread predate the current standings - indeed, I believe we have all been subjected to a cunning act of necromancy. I must preface my statement with this note, as I would like to separate my opinion and evaluation from those made in the past.

I speak predominately in terms of team players, because ever since I left behind XTA in favour of a broader selection of mods I have played fewer and fewer 1v1 games... indeed, the only 1v1 matches I have run in recent memory have been SWS and E&E. I already stated why I am more involved in team games, and from there I made a general evaluation in that arena.

I observe matches and participate in them, but I do not merely count clan match statistics out of play - nor could I, as few clans list all of their clan matches. If I recall, [NR] once did, a noble move, considering their consistent defeat as a young, energetic, numerous but less organized clan. Actually, on a side note, they once wished to recruit me, the only clan who has ever asked for my participation - though of course I declined. I am not overly fond of clans in general, and while I enjoy working with [EE] and to some extent others... I would rather not join one if I can still get into a solid game without membership.

Anyway, a tremendous amount of team play and multiplayer strategy is bound up in communication and mutual experience. The clans have an advantage there, being organized groups of general friends - some times friends off the web as well as on.

When [XHC], [WarC] and PRO mobilize they are tremendously skilled - though of course not unstoppable - and they tend to win, though as for matches between them, I can't say - we need more of them to evaluate with. [SmuG] is an interesting clan in their ability to turn a game as simply strong teamplayers - despite the fact that they tend to work as lone rangers, loosely affilated with those they play with rather than standing up as a clan - Nixa and Dragon are not to be underestimated. These clans play on a variety of maps, though they tend to stay with AA as their mod of choice. Most members show great micro, strong overhead understanding of strategy, and a certain amount of flexibility in play.

[LCC] and [tN] play, generally, the same couple maps. Don't jump on me here - it doesn't always hold true, but there are general trends. They each have skilled players, though few distinguished in 1v1. However, both clans are guilty of the common clan "sin" of running a stacked game, and using that advantage of clan communication and understanding to overpower a group of unorganized rabble on a map that they have practiced with consistently... Crossing_v4, MoonQ20, etc. Not to say the other clans do not do so as well, but [tN] and [LCC] seldom compromise their own terms to equalize a match save when they match up with each other, whereas [XHC], PRO and [WarC] are willing to give a little more.

I may note here that both [LCC] and [tN] have granted handicaps to foes, and do often attempt to level the playing field. They are by no means vicious abusers of the game and the clan structure, but they do often take advantage - perfectly understandable.

Since I'm dissecting clans, I might as well expand on some others. [NR], the Nameless Rebellion, while extremely numerous at one point, did not achieve sufficent success... they ran games, commonly clan-stacked, but did not take as much advantage of the "oft-played map" and were more interested in getting members to Star than enforcing standards of skill. I remember them having members simply stop playing for the most part and yet remain in the game... they never had an established member of skill to rally around - despite a large number of potential masters.

[EE] is the most bizzare active clan in my opinion. They exist due to consistent contribution and input on Fang's masterpiece, E&E, one of the three greatest RTS I have been honoured to play... however, as the only clan clearly involved in the mod and a fair plurality of the player base, they cannot but play against each other. Some members, indeed most, still play AA or XTA as well... indeed, E&E is a very diverse clan - I can get one of them interested in any mod, if I try. Individually, there is a lot of skill there... Decimator and Chapparal particularly, but they never demonstrate cohesive teamplay due to the limitations of their mod player base.

I don't believe a tournament will solve anything, as skills always change - one can seldom stay on top for long, the king titles should show you that! Anyway, I would like to recognize some skilled players... independently skilled, though with a focus in team play.

AA: PRO_Randy, [SmuG]Nixa, [XHC]Cabbage, [XHC]BigSteve, Tired, [x]Absolut
EE: [EE]Chapparal, [EE]Decimator
FF: Islington, Min3Mat (Both have been KoFF, Min3Mat has largely renounced the current incarnation of FF)
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Skill at playing factors into games far more than how well you cooperate with teammates.

If you got 4 skilled 1v1 players on a team versus 4 people who only play 4v4 games with eachother on a map they have played equally as often, the 1v1 players would win without a hitch.

Playing 1v1 you are operating without any safety net, using a bad tactic or playing sloppily will just flat out lose you the game. No-one is going to send fighters to stop the brawlers attacking your base, or share E when your comm needs to Dgun.

When you play 1v1 you are forced to do everything as well as you can do it, or you lose.

Once you're in the mindset to play like that, no amount of teamwork will compare.

To put it short, what you learn in 1v1 is vastly more usefull for a team game than vice versa
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

Meh top players are changing all the time. It really depends from day to day and from map to map.

I mean I beated most of top players (grrrr daywalker one day you shall lose! :P) but many of them also beated me.

So I wouldn't talk about best player but more of a top players, which are mainly in warc, pro, smug some lcc few others aswell. Around 20 players who are my constant opponents, they make this game fun. (and then you have 98% of players were you just make few units, drive to base and win :P).

We need more good players!

Return to “General Discussion”