EU Changes Internet Laws Internet in DANGER

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Senna

Post by Senna »

Its strange that these laws are not getting way too much attention....

Well these laws will complete wipe out free of speech we have today internet and it will triggered if not kill the open source for forever.

Once ive readed these laws (Articles) i posted there:

https://juliareda.eu/wp-content/uploads ... 6/voss.pdf

Read carefull it will not only affect Youtube Google Amazon Facebook etc, it will affect us all!!

They got aproved by the European Parlament in 12 September 2018. Now they will going together With commision for final Decision.

The paragraphs cant be changed so much after second vote wich is means a full and a bestial huge internet censorship wich in few years we all lose it.

These Controversial Laws includes Article 11 (Link Tax) and the most absurd and censormachine Article 13 (AI Upload Filters).

On the Position of Article 13 as it passed in the EP Court and aproved on the first isntance. There will not be much changes about it wich means the end of.

Steam, Netflix, Spotify, Uber, Android, Games, Companys using e-commerce, and 99% of internet webs.

Article 13 even as it passed the court will NOT allow any copyrighted data without a license inside its whole internet platforms.
When someone gets a Right License it can upload it always when dont use it as a financial business (wich is the end of letsplays, gameplays on videoplatforms "goodbye twitch")

Please give thumbs up

and

https://saveyourinternet.eu/
Senna

Re: EU Changes Internet Laws Internet in DANGER

Post by Senna »

Looks like no one is caring so much, but these laws affects us all including this forum, spring and all its mods inside.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

I doubt it'll have such a drastic impact on those services, it's probably just another step along the path toward censorship and control of the internet. If they had voted against it, the "powers that be" would push it again in a year or so until they get the "correct" result.

The best way to punish politicians who pass these laws is raising awareness and voting them out, then empowering (voting for) politicians who'll revert it.... But it takes time.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Senna wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 23:07 Looks like no one is caring so much, but these laws affects us all including this forum, spring and all its mods inside.
Its part of the process- basically European Law making allows to make the near identical law suggetion again, and again and again. Thus lobbyism became a form of siege against activism. If your copyright-DRM-drivel is rejected due to public outrage, pretend to accept democratically, then re-introduce under diffrent name the same law, the next month.

Its a loophole, through which ugly came in.
The brits smelled the rotten cabage and left before the cooperate overlords rule unchallenged. Problem there is- they have the near same thing already installed in london.

What would be needed is not more activism- but more targeted activism, in particular at reducing the speed with which lobbyism can introduce laws. My suggestion always was to disallow new entrys, who are topical/thematically similar to something already voted over this legislation period.

I hate the racism and jingoism of all those anti-european partys, but i think backing out of this rotten to the core adventure, is the only sensible approach by now.
Senna

Post by Senna »

raaar wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 04:01 I doubt it'll have such a drastic impact on those services, it's probably just another step along the path toward censorship and control of the internet. If they had voted against it, the "powers that be" would push it again in a year or so until they get the "correct" result.

The best way to punish politicians who pass these laws is raising awareness and voting them out, then empowering (voting for) politicians who'll revert it.... But it takes time.
raar: Well the laws went very long and they on final decision already. Problem looks whos EU president... Donald Tusk, well i dont have anything against him since i dont know him but he was first minister of poland between 2007-2014, in 2012 he voted for a law of ACTA 2 wich funny is same laws as on EU parlament articles 11,13...

And yes it will have huge impact the article 13 is not only for youtube it makes an AI to filter everything inside internet.... so wish the best luck and hope these laws wont get approved OR everyone will be censored.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Well this getting worse and worse.

There are rumours that Axel Voss wil vote for a prohibition of VPN in whole EU and only Hospitals, Military Services, Unis and Govern will have access to.

Its very bad news guys. I dont wanna scare people there but this is what will happend to EU.

If the final vote goes through, member states should have two years to implement the directive into their own legislation (the usual time period for this sort of law). What happens then is anyone’s guess. Reda suggests that if large platforms do have to introduce filters, it could lead to services stopping in Europe altogether — as we saw after GDPR.

“They might decide to just geoblock Europe, and just make their services not available to people accessing the internet from Europe,” says Reda. “They won’t have a lot of good options.” This would accelerate the balkanization of the web, as the regulatory landscapes of different geographic regions drift away from one another.

As of course what happens in EU is many Parliamentary are old:

“These laws are written to a large extent by politicians who don’t use the internet very actively,” says Reda. “If you think the internet is made up of just YouTube and Facebook, you will come up with this sort of sweeping legislation.”

Wish all the best for everyone!!.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Vote for a non Europe party. The brits smelled it.
smoth

Post by smoth »

The eu and us handling of copyright laws is shit and generally everyone here knows why i think it is stupid.

Either way. Stay off my internet lawmakers! You geriatrics need to stick to monetary policy

Return to “General Discussion”