New and with a question

New and with a question

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

ak1r4l3

New and with a question

Post by ak1r4l3 »

Hi everyone,

I'm an avid strategy game fan and have recently decided to pursue game design and programming for my future (planning on shifting majors asap). Having only decided this recently, I'm completely green to programming but have a quick question for you all. I'd like to experiment and play around with the Spring Engine with an idea I've had for a long time. Has any of you created a voxel-based game in the Spring Engine? Is it possible to create a game world like the one in Minecraft where the environment is all voxel?

Not sure if all that made sense, but if any of you respond I'd like to give an early thanks!
gajop

Re: New and with a question

Post by gajop »

Voxel games would be pretty difficult to do with SpringRTS. The engine is open source so anything is technically possible, but this like this are unrealistic for novice devs
smoth

Re: New and with a question

Post by smoth »

Post in gamedev. This is community general.

We used to have biweekly idea guys who came here. Start programming at programming. Game development is a specialized area of that larger field.

Return to “General Discussion”