Which is the game that best represents the Spring engine?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

vagra

Post by vagra »

The Spring engine is awesome. I recently learned about the common open source RTS engine and found that Spring is one of the most "flying cloud and flowing water" ones. Its pathfinding system is very good. Units can give way to each other without blocking each other.

Then I learned a few games developed using the Spring engine. I now have a question: Which of these games best represents the Spring engine? That is, it uses most of the features of the Spring engine and is universally representative.

Is Zero-K? Or BA?
gajop

Re: Which is the game that best represents the Spring engine?

Post by gajop »

There is no good criteria to determine this. Just check the games listed on the site and see if any implement the feature you are interested in.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

I would probably suggest that Zero-K has taken the capabilities of the engine farther, at least from where I stand as a player. I would, however, recommend looking at all the major games developed for the engine, as all of them have something unique that may inspire you.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

The whole point of a stand-alone engine is that it provides versatility that cannot be captured by any one game.

If it didn't do that, we could just make "a game".
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

But we do make just a game. It's just that at some point the game was renamed to engine and the mods were renamed to games.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Jools wrote:But we do make just a game. It's just that at some point the game was renamed to engine and the mods were renamed to games.
May have been true once upon a time, but S44 is not MCL is not Kernel Panic is not THIS is not Air Raid is not Gravitas is not fl0ve is not...
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

You need to know what the Unique selling point of the spring engine.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Mine.

PS: Abma, can it be rapid is not tracking it again- the last version is several months old.

Return to “General Discussion”