Access to springinfo.info or @SpringRTSNews twitter

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Hi,

I would like to get access to http://www.springinfo.info/ . I would like to connect/integrate our WordPress/RSS/Twitter/YouTube info sources to the aggregated news feed. I guess while it is WP page, i need just account with rights to at least add the posts or i can use some native automatic system e.g. converting e-mails to posts or making some hook using some standard solutions.

Also I would like to connect our feeds to @SpringRTSNews Twitter (https://twitter.com/SpringRTSNews). E.g. at least I would like to retweet notAlab stuff related to Spring there. Even if I would use standard Twitter API, I would need some authentication information (unless its solved on Spring side for multiple users).

In all cases with our PR production all those news channels would be less mono-thematic ;)

Can you give me some hints, please? :)
gajop

Re: Access to springinfo.info or @SpringRTSNews twitter

Post by gajop »

best ask AF for this
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

hmm which feeds and what are their details? I'm not so fond of handing out twitter access to anyone, the social media profiles are all automated and tweet out new stuff that appears on springinfo.info, which itself pulls from RSS, so you'd have to mention these things via the RSS feeds pulled in
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Im actually for handing out all the tools to all the people. The worst thing is usually per default happening. Nothing besides the usual.

Currently Spring News is Zero-K only news. The first non zero-k news are on page 4. I think everyone who can deliver by proof of quality should get a chance to publish.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Isn't that what viewforum.php?f=38 is for? I think the RSS feed it generates is picked up automatically by springinfo. That subforum rather unused.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

PicassoCT wrote:Im actually for handing out all the tools to all the people. The worst thing is usually per default happening. Nothing besides the usual.

Currently Spring News is Zero-K only news. The first non zero-k news are on page 4. I think everyone who can deliver by proof of quality should get a chance to publish.
That's because Zero K are prolific in their social media, and all the over sources went dead. Since they're the only posters, they're the only source of posts, so ofcourse it's all Zero K news. Nobody has contributed more, and new work tends to be put in places that requires manual intervention. It surprises me that there aren't more instagram, twitter, or tumblr feeds out there showing WIP models, or random screenshots. I see more random Pokemon Go screenshots in Discord than I do posts about games on this engine

Keep in mind that this isn't just a springinfo problem, it's a general problem. I can't gush about your new work on twitter if it's hidden in a 100 page forum thread. I can't share your new animation to FB and say it's cool if it's never advertised. I can't find out about the stuff that happens here if I never come across it. It's as if people are hiding their lifes work
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Could you autogenerate posts from RandomWIP..

Okay, that would be a option if it ..
were not for the Picasso Trollposts.

Sorry, but producing quality content is very time intensive-
and i allready have the most time intensive hobby there is.
So what is a dev to do?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Possibly, but it would be error prone, and it'd require manual intervention, as well as custom code to assign a game to each individual person so it could be tagged correctly. There's also the problem of titles, some posts in Random WIP have no text, or the text makes no sense as a post title. Heaven forbid if you work on multiple projects, and then every year it needs adjusting for the new Random WIP thread
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

tl,dr; NO U DO UR OWN CONTENT WORK BITCH
;)
PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

FWIW I would love to post BA news on twitter too. I hope the quality is fitting the standards:

https://balancedannihilation.com/news/
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I didn't know there was a new page there, adding it now
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Definitely not the dev we married

Return to “General Discussion”