AI to play against

AI to play against

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterBel2

AI to play against

Post by MasterBel2 »

Currently I have three functioning ais. Shard, RAI and AAI. Problem is, the Shard AI randomly crashes after reaching t2, the RAI freezes spring on loading (and it may or may not unfreeze) and the AAI crashes when the commander dies (I think this is what happens.) I have no idea what version of shard I have(not sure how to find out); RAI is .601 and AAI is almost not worth considering here. I'd also love to try E323 and KAIK ais but they crash spring when 'loading ais' Might also help to know that I have a mac. Are there any new AIs you would suggest me to try, or are there any updates I should have a look at?
Super Mario

Re: AI to play against

Post by Super Mario »

MasterBel2 wrote:Currently I have three functioning ais. Shard, RAI and AAI. Problem is, the Shard AI randomly crashes after reaching t2, the RAI freezes spring on loading (and it may or may not unfreeze) and the AAI crashes when the commander dies (I think this is what happens.) I have no idea what version of shard I have(not sure how to find out); RAI is .601 and AAI is almost not worth considering here. I'd also love to try E323 and KAIK ais but they crash spring when 'loading ais' Might also help to know that I have a mac. Are there any new AIs you would suggest me to try, or are there any updates I should have a look at?
Did you report it to the shard dev?
prandipadaro

Post by prandipadaro »

For shard i can say that is under very hard develop. This can give it a bit of instability. If you want, try to play BAR, this version of shard is a bit old and maybe will be a bit more stable.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

Hmm no I didn't. I'd quickly worked out that I had no where near the latest version, and it was between that, the fact I didn't know exactly how, and that I was not sure how to ask about the latest version that I didn't do anything about it. So would you be able to give me pointers there?

And I haven't tried BAR yet, probably should as I believe it will eventually be the standard instead of BA? But atm I'm more into honing my skills in BA. Oh, yes, that may be useful. I'm mainly playing BA 9.33 on spring 100.
code_man

Post by code_man »

RAI does something the first time it runs on a new map at game start which causes the game to freeze and it might seem like it has crashed.
But i played RAI in quite a few game instances and never run into trouble with it.

Not saying it didnt crash, just that you should check twice with rai.
prandipadaro

Post by prandipadaro »

MasterBel2 wrote:
Hmm no I didn't. I'd quickly worked out that I had no where near the latest version, and it was between that, the fact I didn't know exactly how, and that I was not sure how to ask about the latest version that I didn't do anything about it. So would you be able to give me pointers there?

And I haven't tried BAR yet, probably should as I believe it will eventually be the standard instead of BA? But atm I'm more into honing my skills in BA. Oh, yes, that may be useful. I'm mainly playing BA 9.33 on spring 100.
the main project where you can report bug about shard and download the last configuration is this:
https://github.com/Tarendai/Shard
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The worst that happens is we tell you we fixed it a while back and help you move to the latest version :)

Or it's a new bug and it gets fixed ^_^
paulstha77

Post by paulstha77 »

I agree with AF.

Return to “General Discussion”