Forum syntax hightlighting

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

Since I didn't see a specific place for requests to phpbb code I'm putting this here:
I'd just like to see what other's thoughts were on adding syntax highlighting to the forum with something like codebox plus where you can specify the language in the code tag such as

Code: Select all

. My personal opinion is that it would make reading through the wealth of code snippets in the forum much easier.

Is this something worth adding, or would it just be unwanted overhead?
Funkencool

Re: Forum syntax hightlighting

Post by Funkencool »

:o Thanks for the links, and I guess never mind this thread. I'm glad to see a ' +1 ' is in the pipes too.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Still want your feedback though. This is unlikely to be merged unless well tested and found completely satisfactory. Also note abma's comment of him being the only one on infra ^^
Funkencool

Post by Funkencool »

Will do, I'll have a more thorough look into it. Out of curiosity, is test.springrts.com always kept up to date with the github?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Funkencool wrote:Will do, I'll have a more thorough look into it. Out of curiosity, is test.springrts.com always kept up to date with the github?
its not automaticly updated, but i mostly updated it when changes where pushed to github repository.

Return to “General Discussion”