Why was Zero-K RSS feed removed from community news? - Page 2

Why was Zero-K RSS feed removed from community news?

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Why was Zero-K RSS feed removed from community news?

Post by Forboding Angel »

Knorke routinely makes a big deal about non-issues, he can be safely ignored.

User was warned for this post. Felony 1.
smoth

Post by smoth »

To his credit he backed off a lot of that lately. so that isn't entirely fair to say.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Kiss my ass. What I said was entirely true.

User was warned for this post. Felonies 2 & 6.

Not sure who issued the warning, but it was the 3rd within 60day limit

-> User was banned for 7 days for this felony, c.f: http://springrts.com/wiki/Felony#Mandat ... ystem_Bans

-- FLOZi
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Forboding Angel wrote:
Kiss my ass. What I said was entirely true.

He ran after you for 2 years, playing your personal code and advice janitor. Oh, sir dropped a non-working widget there.. Here sir, have it fixed, oh, i get a ass-kick for that. Thats too kind, Sir.
Most other mods would simply drop in silence out.

So yeah.You never asked for that.
But the comunity in a way did. And while german over-engineering and perfectionalism may play a part too, he was right about stuff that is posted explicitly as advice should work - or at least contain a disclaimer that you wont guaranteee for its state. And no, meaning it well - is simply not enough. You want to help that is great. Didnt save my crappy wikipedia articles from beeing FLOZifyied- and you know what - he was right all along.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

My dealings with Knorke since the frontpage swap over have been sparse, relatively straightforward and unrelated to SpringInfo

In the mean time I would like to know more about this Flozifier device
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Not sure who issued the warning, but it was the 3rd within 60day limit

-> User was banned for 7 days for this felony, c.f: http://springrts.com/wiki/Felony#Mandat ... ystem_Bans

-- FLOZi
Am I weird for actually thinking this is funny? Forboding Angel just being himself and getting banned for it.
Should I lobby for a unban? Would it benefit Spring? He might be more focused on developing Evolution RTS this week..
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

FLOZi definately fired :roll:
gajop

Post by gajop »

Tim Blokdijk wrote: Am I weird for actually thinking this is funny? Forboding Angel just being himself and getting banned for it.
Should I lobby for a unban? Would it benefit Spring? He might be more focused on developing Evolution RTS this week..
You realize this post itself is backseat moderation?
Personally I also find it silly how Forb always get himself banned by having no respect for authority, but that's just the way it is with him. (It's not something the mod team will work around)
Even if someone does a lot of work they can get banned, as we want to make sure no one gets preferental treatment. There have been complaints about this community being too harsh, especially to newcomers and we really want this status to change.

That said, I don't have anything against Forb myself, and actually find working with him enjoyable.. But ban stays, and it's two weeks as it's a repeat offender.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Tim Blokdijk wrote:He might be more focused on developing Evolution RTS this week..
I find bans help remove the distraction of the forum from my life so I get more done.

@Gajop, yeah I know, forb in chat and on forum are almost 2 different people, anyone here who thinks he is a jerk needs to go hang with him on voip, he is a really nice guy. I don't know why he comes across this way on the forums.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

We call this meta discussion at stack exchange, we moved it all to meta subsites, it's important to allow these discussions, but never alongside what the community actually talks about. Meta discussion is important but it has a habit of crowding out actual discussion about what people are there for, and it's one of the causes of community death. Moving it out to a safer separate area fixes that issue

Rather than enforce the backseat moderation rule, I suggest we instead create a meta forum for discussion of rules and moderation, when people break them, clarification, and other forms of meta discussion. Should anybody attempt backseat moderation, it can be split into a thread in that forum were it will either form a useful discussion that educates others or changes the rules, or, it dies a lonely death and the user quickly sees that backseat moderation isn't how you participate in the main forums, and it has a time and a place. Off topic and general discussion don't fulfil this role.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/

Searched for troll, and look how they react.. its fascinating.. even the locked threads are nice.
Its allmost chronic..
Nobody feeds, nobody swings the wordsword - its really strange, like watching a mirror universe, where everyone is in eternal opposite day.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/inde ... 494&page=1

They even listen to community complains and have server logs.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/inde ... &hl=locked

People like me would be so kicked out. :) I think they exchanged some artistic liberty for social niceness (and community growth).

Its just, the topic is so similar.. and yet the behaviour so diffrent. Fascinating.
http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/inde ... 823&page=2

Sorry if typos, was tired. gn8
XTA Developer

Post by 8611 »

AF wrote:Ranging from repeatedly forgetting all details of his account
If the account is created by admin without user knowing about it, and with bogus info like "tarendai+springinfoknorke@gmail.com" then that is no wonder.
Also not helpful if one failed login results in being blocked for three weeks.
AF wrote:at one point trying to log in to an account that didn't exist
..because it had been deleted.
AF wrote:when he got access, he complained he had too much access
A random poster was given access to other user profiles, being able to see others details like email, being able to to edit & delete posts of others.
Maybe someone does not want the such rights bring, especially when not having asked for it?
Why do you twist things like that?

I could explain to other parts of your post too, but think nobody cares.

---
FLOZi wrote:Not sure who issued the warning, but it was the 3rd within 60day limit

-- FLOZi
On your link it says:
Upon the receipt of a formal warning within sixty days of receiving any warning which resulted in a ban, the offending user will be banned from the forum. This ban shall have a minimum duration twice that of the previous ban.
Meaning any one of the last three warnings should in theory already have resulted in ban because it was within sixty days of previous ban.

Then this post http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 23#p564978 and the follow-up post (after the warning) which continues in same style and are nothing but troll?
After getting a warning, how is posting "#theButthurtIsReal" not Dodging or ignoring moderators actions, which supposedly is unacceptable and will result in an immediate long term ban in most cases. ?

I am wondering why some cases are handled so relaxed but in other cases moderation acts more strict and faster. For example here http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p565284 where poster got instantly banned after one post, which contained nothing that others had not posted too.
Also notice the following three posts, which are just attacking someone who did not even post, but did not even get a warning.

This is backseat moderation. User was warned for this post, felony 4. (Silentwings)
XTA Developer

Post by 8611 »

gajop wrote:Personally I also find it silly how Forb always get himself banned by having no respect for authority, but that's just the way it is with him. (It's not something the mod team will work around)
Even if someone does a lot of work they can get banned, as we want to make sure no one gets preferental treatment. There have been complaints about this community being too harsh, especially to newcomers and we really want this status to change.
Interessting opinion and how your only problem seems to be that he has "no respect for authority"?
How about that he directly posts personal insults? Repeatedly?
And in the end that is just a bit "silly" and "that's just the way it is with him." Wow.
So he is like an unchangeable force of nature, like a tornado or something, that people have to endure every two weeks?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I am wondering why some cases are handled ... but in other cases ...
Moderators are not omnipresent, nor perfect, and (as the forum guidelines make clear) moderators might make judgements based on context, history or lack of it, private communication, etc.

This thread is far off-topic. Locked.

Return to “General Discussion”