Using Evo desura as your spring install...

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

The Evo desura install is now perfectly usable for existing spring users. There is an Evo battle filter though, so by default you only see evo games, however, if you just set the filter to all games (it will remember your choice) you can see everything.

Evo no longer comes prepackaged with the desura installer. I did this to make updates less of a pain in the ass (because the updater would go and verify some 3k files in pool and packages folders).

Evo desura install also uses common locations now (no longer runs in isolated mode), so it will see anything in my documents/my games/spring.

The neat thing about grabbing and using spring in this manner is that it has everything already set up for you, including spring settings and everything. Very seamless and great newbie experience.

The only real downside that should definitely be considered, is that atm there is no multi engine version support (is at 94.1 atm). Will be added soon I hope, but you should be aware of that as it's becoming a fairly important issue as of late.

This is just an FYI post to let any of you know.
yanom

Re: Using Evo desura as your spring install...

Post by yanom »

does it have Linux support?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Not yet. Mint is being an asshole so I'm having trouble making a build. On the bright side... Multiengine coming soon (tm)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Just updated desura with a proper version supporting multiengine and better support for running spring games other than just evo.

Return to “General Discussion”