Wiki Update - Page 3

Wiki Update

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Master-Athmos

Re: Wiki Update

Post by Master-Athmos »

Allright - I'll keep the bracket style the way it is then and will start adapting the callout pages in the proposed structure.
Master-Athmos

Post by Master-Athmos »

You might have seen that I'm slowly replacing the Lua wiki pages with the new anchored template while correcting minor issues. I'd now like to hear some opinions on very old callouts / syntax. There are quite some functions which have been reworked / replaced over the years. Currently the wiki contains both the old and recent descriptions. Should the wiki keep giving information about how things were done 5-10 years ago or should it just show the recent way to do things with a seperate section where all the deprecated stuff is listed?

So I'm basically asking if information that describes very old engine versions should be moved to a page of its own dedicated to deprecated Lua functions (and what version number exactly should be the criterion) or would everyone prefer to keep things as they are right now which always includes how functions evolved or were replaced over time?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Should the wiki keep giving information about how things were done 5-10 years ago
I'm not sure I contribute enough to hold an opinion anymore but - imo keep stuff from 103, remove everything earlier, that's far enough into the past already.

Return to “General Discussion”