Live Stream and Youtube commentary!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Bio

Post by Bio »

Hi i am Bio, i Do live streams and commentaries on Balanced Annihilation.

Want to check it out? Then follow these links.

Twitch Live stream/On demand videos : http://www.twitch.tv/inrgizebio
Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/TheBiotrooper

Make sure to subscribe and Follow and have fun :D

--- Bio
Beherith

Re: Live Stream and Youtube commentary!

Post by Beherith »

Subbed :D

Also, what are you using to capture, I noticed quite a bit of lag in the tourney commentary.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Not sure if this classes as a thread hijack but speaking of commentaries, MACOSX did one for his tourney a few weeks back and is planning another one soon. I'm hoping to commentate on his stream with him and whoever else he has on and give some of my own feedback on the games.

Current link is here: http://murtada.nl/drTV/

I think casts are pretty neat, would like to get into them, just need to overcome the 'Englishness' of my own voice I suppose :P
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Do it! Good casts are few and far between, but if there was a good caster Spring in general or BA specifically would be a great spectator sport. Things like that help build a community, too.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

It's good for what it is, your voice is good and clear and you keep the talk up well, overall it's just fun and pleasant to listen. But I'd wish there was more stuff beyond describing what is happening right now - what might happen next (both short- and long-term) considering the position and intelligence players have, describe the map at the beginning, what do you know about the players in general, so on and so forth.

Of course that takes a lot of experience of both more playing and casting, so just keep working on it! : )
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Subbed! Subbed so hard!
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

nice, more of these! :)
Bio

Post by Bio »

Beherith wrote:Subbed :D

Also, what are you using to capture, I noticed quite a bit of lag in the tourney commentary.
I use Xsplit to capture it, my internet is quite bad so i would understand why doing it live would cause it to lag :D
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Every time anything interesting happened, the screen froze. Which was frustrating because I wanted to be interested.

I noticed that you kept the camera at a persistent zoom level. That is good practice.

The problem with casting ba is the fact that between xray, that ugly ass platter widget and all the other crap, it's just blue and yellow blobs moving around. Not your fault, but a valid concern nonetheless.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Forboding Angel wrote: The problem with casting ba is the fact that between xray, that ugly ass platter widget and all the other crap, it's just blue and yellow blobs moving around. Not your fault, but a valid concern nonetheless.
How is it a problem of BA if people install/enable widgets which FA obviously dislikes? :roll:
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Matches with commentary are a great idea. Youtube might be good to catch the attention of some new players, which we desperately need.

However, you need very high video detail to enjoy an RTS match, so some feature (lua based?) to record/playback commentary alongside a demo might be better for more serious use.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

very_bad_soldier wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote: The problem with casting ba is the fact that between xray, that ugly ass platter widget and all the other crap, it's just blue and yellow blobs moving around. Not your fault, but a valid concern nonetheless.
How is it a problem of BA if people install/enable widgets which FA obviously dislikes? :roll:
Those widgets are on by default in BA. :roll:
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Forb, what you say is plain wrong. Xray shader and also TeamPlatter are disabled by default since half a year.
Actually I removed Xray shader two months ago completely (might be still SVN only so I dont blame you for not knowing about this).
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Last time I loaded up ba (month or two ago), xray was enabled by default as was teamplatters. No it's not due to an old config.
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

When I open ba768.sdz and look in /luaui/widgets/:

Code: Select all

gui_xray_highlight.lua: enabled   = false
gui_xray_shader.lua: enabled   = false
gui_team_platter.lua: enabled   = false
Maybe you have your own copies in ~/.spring/LuaUI/Widgets which are enabled?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Nah, my install of spring is stock. I wonder if it was an ass old version of BA though. O_o
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

Forboding Angel wrote:Last time I loaded up ba (month or two ago), xray was enabled by default as was teamplatters. No it's not due to an old config.
Have the same
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

great game comentary.. could you for the upload-recording use a replay with the comentary laid upon?
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Forboding Angel wrote:Nah, my install of spring is stock. I wonder if it was an ass old version of BA though. O_o
I just re-installed BA on a fresh comp (never had a spring install before, no residual files) a couple weeks ago and teamplatter was disabled.
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

Subscribed. I will watch all your videos as soon as I will have free time.

Return to “General Discussion”