Thank you - Page 4

Thank you

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Hoi

Re: Thank you

Post by Hoi »

Degenerated4 wrote:I am not YAN you ignorant prejudiced fool.

People hate feeling responsible for their failures, ergo team games prevail.
Filters exist for a reason. Regulating peoples generosity is irrational.

User has been warned for this post.
Warned for this? So why not warn the user he was "talking" with as well?

This really says something about the moderation quality on the forums.
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

why would I be? because you and the rest of the mob want blood? So let's see how this works you and a few others don't LIKE me so you want me banned because you don't like me? I didn't call him a retard. Unless you think yan is a retard, but I don't. I accused him of being yan who is last I heard banned. This is not a terrible offense. Just like how Tim was able to act completely uncivil, i don't think he violated any rules beyond making a few ugly remarks about me. So if I can be in trouble for suggesting a user may be a smurf(which is admits he is) of a problematic forum user I should get a warning which IS a point towards ban?

Warnings are not slaps on the wrist. They accrue and you get banned. They do go away over time, I cannot remember where to find my warning level but last I recall it was 2-3 points. So I could VERY WELL be on the verge of a ban if I acted badly enough...

but just because you guys want to see an example made is not a good reason to demand my ban.
0 x

knorke

Post by knorke »

So if I can be in trouble for suggesting a user may be a smurf(which is admits he is) of a problematic forum user I should get a warning which IS a point towards ban?
Hm,that is "backseat moderation" and yes, appearently it can get you warnings and banned.
0 x

momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

From what I see "troll" posts are often just misunderstood rather than rooted in harmful intent. Responding to this "bad" behaviour with snidy bitching and bullshit raises drama unintentionally (all the fucking time). Passive-aggressive attacks don't invite the banstick but they do invite aggressive responses and sow the seeds for future conflict.

A habit of negatively judging people and calling them out is inflammatory (these are _ugly accusations_, not "righteous" even if you are sometimes right).

Ofc it would be better if EVERYONE would act like adults and refuse to get drawn into the flaming and bullshit (intentional or otherwise) but this is only needed from the majority. It takes 2 to start a flamewar.
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

knorke wrote:
So if I can be in trouble for suggesting a user may be a smurf(which is admits he is) of a problematic forum user I should get a warning which IS a point towards ban?
Hm,that is "backseat moderation" and yes, appearently it can get you warnings and banned.
TradeMark wrote:
Wombat wrote:adding TFC to nostalgia list is a need tho, many ppl missed him day after ;(
dude... you are begging for a board warning there. stop it right noe.

User was banned(one day) for this post. - Back seat moderation.
No it isn't.

point: trademark was threatening MODERATOR ACTION would happen.. THAT is backseat moderation.

I said degenerated is dodging a ban.. not that he is dodging a ban and there will be some result. just that he is dodging.
0 x

momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

could just as well say..

point: trademark was warning MODERATOR ACTION could happen.. THAT is not backseat moderation.

you make ugly accusations. you get this response:
I am not YAN you ignorant prejudiced fool.
more of the community despises you. he gets warned.

alls fair. don't complain about your apples
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

I feel it was borderline but the "Stop now" I feel pushed it over the line.

he didn't say the guy could be warned and stopped there

he said you are going to get a warning stop now..

that very much is backseat to me.
0 x

momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

smoth wrote:I feel it was borderline but the "Stop now" I feel pushed it over the line.

he didn't say the guy could be warned and stopped there

he said you are going to get a warning stop now..

that very much is backseat to me.
you are not a moderator. so what does your opinion matter? isn't this backseat moderation?
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

momfreeek wrote:you are not a moderator. so what does your opinion matter? isn't this backseat moderation?
are you messing with me now?
knorke wrote:
I was responding to knorke.
0 x

knorke

Post by knorke »

I feel it was borderline but the "Stop now" I feel pushed it over the line.
That qualifies as "a pretty solid trolling run" nowadays? i am disappoint.
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

conversation taken to pm. I won't let you feed these people any further knorke.
0 x

luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

momfreeek wrote:could just as well say..

point: trademark was warning MODERATOR ACTION could happen.. THAT is not backseat moderation.

you make ugly accusations. you get this response:
I am not YAN you ignorant prejudiced fool.
more of the community despises you. he gets warned.

alls fair. don't complain about your apples
Exactly, it would only have been backseat moderation if Trademark carried out MODERATOR ACTION.

Am I doing this thread right guys?
0 x

knorke

Post by knorke »

luckywaldo7 wrote:Am I doing this thread right guys?
when in rome do as the romans do 8)
0 x

luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

knorke wrote:
luckywaldo7 wrote:Am I doing this thread right guys?
when in rome do as the romans do 8)
I can only take this as a suggestion to go play 10v10 DSD.
0 x

Degenerated4

Post by Degenerated4 »

Degenerated4 wrote:User has been warned for this post.
I'll let you know when the proxies run out.
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

Degenerated4 wrote:
Degenerated4 wrote:User has been warned for this post.
I'll let you know when the proxies run out.
I feel vindicated, thanks :)
0 x

Wombat

Post by Wombat »

wait what ? he got banned for that ? roooofl. u forgot only pros got 1337 skill to sense sarcasm on the internet, lol.

back seat moderation, haha
0 x

Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:why would I be? because you and the rest of the mob want blood? So let's see how this works you and a few others don't LIKE me so you want me banned because you don't like me? I didn't call him a retard. Unless you think yan is a retard, but I don't. I accused him of being yan who is last I heard banned. This is not a terrible offense. Just like how Tim was able to act completely uncivil, i don't think he violated any rules beyond making a few ugly remarks about me. So if I can be in trouble for suggesting a user may be a smurf(which is admits he is) of a problematic forum user I should get a warning which IS a point towards ban?

Warnings are not slaps on the wrist. They accrue and you get banned. They do go away over time, I cannot remember where to find my warning level but last I recall it was 2-3 points. So I could VERY WELL be on the verge of a ban if I acted badly enough...

but just because you guys want to see an example made is not a good reason to demand my ban.
Who said I don't like you and want to see you banned? Stop sounding like a victim, I was only saying there was no reason for that warning.

Not even going to respond to the rest of the crap in your post, really.
0 x

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Wombat wrote:

wait what ? he got banned for that ? roooofl. u forgot only pros got 1337 skill to sense sarcasm on the internet, lol.

back seat moderation, haha
If i have the backseat, does moderation has to wear a special hat, while i give the driving instructions?

Very well, Mr.Knorke, we have a busy day today, first we gonna drive down snacks Alley to steal a auction-hammer. We will then ban every random post between (2,8) and empty this forum, once and for all, of all Meta-stasis. After that, we force a new type of ban upon the unruly crowd. The work-ban. If you are banned for minor offending, you can work it off by posting spring advertisements in foreign boards.

Shoop 42 spring-adds to return GOTO A.

Wanna ban me for seatbagging? Nah,nah,nah. Cant touch me!
0 x

knorke

Post by knorke »

trolling in the front seat,
moddin' in the backseat!
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”