Spring has less players - Page 15

Spring has less players

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

momfreeek

Re: Spring has less players

Post by momfreeek »

Yeah, I don't understand why the seasoned vets can't just let these things go. If they see no value in your thread, just ignore it. Seems clear who the disruptive user is in that situation.
Last edited by momfreeek on 31 Oct 2011, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

momfreeek wrote:I guess there should be a sticky or something with all the vital info you must know before posting another "why spring sucks" thread.

Rule 1: don't use "spring" when you mean "BA". A simple mistake but you may get raged at like you're a total moron.

stuff like that

It would be nice but we get well meaning people who suffer from the DunningÔÇôKruger effect. Come in frustrated about a situation in BA and hold the engine responsible...

Like I said earlier, there is an explanation but I burn way too much time in calming down and then explaining to these guys what is wrong. Pretty much the answer to all his issues are make a ba installer. It could be discussed but as you know we have discussed it at length. Long threads which he has not read and frankly unless he really cares should not be expected to.

I thought about compiling a mega thread with links to all these questions and issues but the problem is there are few singular posts which can really explain the complex issues that have been hashed and rehashed.

I understand why ba is on the decline, spring isn't losing players but I am not going to say my thoughts because people like butcher would vector anger and trolling at said projects. It has happened before, it will happen again. It has gone to the point that I find the idea of being friendly to him repugnant. He won't lift a finger to help, only raise a hand to point a finger. Even if he did offer to help he would lose the motivation within a few weeks. If he were truely motivated he would have already created or began creating an installer for ba to rectify his.. oh wait, I know I have made this post before in other threads as well..
Last edited by smoth on 31 Oct 2011, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

If you don't want to help and explain (hey, no one asked you to) just leave him alone.
smoth

Post by smoth »

momfreeek wrote:If you don't want to help and explain (hey, no one asked you to) just leave him alone.
I began with his first point of error. He went off into some tangent about an imaginary competition. I stopped seeing any point in trying to help him at that point.
Last edited by smoth on 31 Oct 2011, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Are you the robber? Is it me?

No it must be me i thought Spring is losing player's but that is a lie
They are on Vacation. I think

What do you say Wayne?
Last edited by Karl on 31 Oct 2011, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Karl wrote:Are you the John Wayne? Is it me?
fixt
butcher

Post by butcher »

smoth wrote:Like I said earlier, there is an explanation but I burn way too much time in calming down and then explaining to these guys what is wrong. Pretty much the answer to all his issues are make a ba installer. It could be discussed but as you know we have discussed it at length. Long threads which he has not read and frankly unless he really cares should not be expected to.
dude, take a step back from the computer, you (and everyone else) are taking things way too personally here.
knorke

Post by knorke »

butcher wrote:I just have to - this topic is surrounded by 3 other LOCKED topics
thread 1:
Am I crazy? I remember dots in Spring
somebody had a question, it got answered, problem was solved: The thread was finished.
After yours and smoths posting I locked, read why

thread 2:
how to fix spring
If you post things like "spring is BA and without BA it will die." you basically affront everybody who is working on anything else.
Some people might now care if they are told that their spring is useless, but it is not really polite.
I don't spend my time trying to figure out of my opinion is going to offend someone or what words offend people and in what ways
Then do not wonder if people get offended.
You write things such as
"why not change the site heading from ''spring engine'' to ''spring''"
"I click on download and it says ''download spring engine''. Wtf is that?"
which are just so wrong that people assume you are
a) clueless
or
b) maximum trolling
(Also read what maackey and others wrote.)

thread 3:
seems there was a thread titled "STOP WITH THE IMAGINARY PISSING MATCH!" which got deleted (before i could read it) but just from looking at the title you can guess why it was deleted.
momfreek wrote:I guess there should be a sticky or something with all the vital info you must know before posting another "why spring sucks" thread.
The first usefull posting in here!
Not even sarcastic, such a note would really be usefull.
In the meantime can we please agree to only have one "baww-baww" thread active at the same time?

lol i keep clicking submit but i wont let me post because
"At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this."
post slower!

/edit
i apologize if "this thread sucks" was too harsh.
but dam, its first words are "design it like the iphone"
butcher

Post by butcher »

ok then

its funny how you people blame the BA community for being a bunch of elitist ass holes, and then I (as a forum noobie) get treated this way over here

bye
smoth

Post by smoth »

I did nothing of the sort, the door is that way though, careful of that first step.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Shame, I liked that guy.

How about a forum filter that hides all nubs' posts for you smoth?
smoth

Post by smoth »

*rolleyes*

momfreak, he has been here "for years" and doesn't know how to set icon distance... DunningÔÇôKruger ...etc.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Sry, I didn't know you knew the guy so well.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Only what he gives me to work with, which is that he doesn't really know what he is talking about, is in a confrontational posting mood and points fingers wildly at the community rather than taking up the torch and doing something actually meaningful.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Yes, these forums definitely need more random people telling other people how to do things.

Or not.

Not that his idea's weren't good and relevant to BA but he seems to be pushing them onto the larger spring community, many of whom don't don't really give a damn about BA. And my reasonably polite explanation to him went entirely ignored.

Edit: FWIW I didn't see smoth's post before posting this
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

ah, right, thats it. Cause he's not contributing, just voicing his ideas. Not sure whats wrong with that exactly (isn't that feedback).. or how raging at him helps. Just let the guy be.. let the other not-quite-so-nubs explain. You don't have to baby sit every one.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

I think I get what momfreeek is saying.

"You're right, but yelling at him won't help. If you don't want to hand-hold him, just ignore him until he becomes smarter or gets banned."

Right?
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

yeah
smoth

Post by smoth »

because I wanted to first give him a chance to start a meaningful discussion.

Starting with SPRING=BA will always end in disaster, not necessarily from me but from of others as well. had he rephrased his post or even shown interest in why I suggested BA get an installer, well things would have been differently.

No, he had an agenda and he wanted to push it, that much was clear to me when I made my second post, which is why my second post is much more terse.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Why be terse with some nub who doesn't understand 1/1000th of what you do? He's not worth your time!

I mean.. if you just read it and got annoyed and couldn't help yourself and now you regret even being in his thread then fine.. mistake.. but are you saying you think you did the best thing..?

Return to “General Discussion”