Spring has less players - Page 13

Spring has less players

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

momfreeek

Re: Spring has less players

Post by momfreeek »

hey, just cause the thread descended into pictures of wailing teenagers that doesn't mean we all have to act like savages! (puts on his best snooty expression.. can't find the emoticon for that).

there's nothign wrong with a simple apology
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

momfreeek wrote: there's nothign wrong with a simple apology
um sorry smoth for bashing.
Pako

Post by Pako »

se5a wrote:Pako you need to go and read Licho's project in full
he's already covered that.
ok, I approve that plan.
Karl wrote:um sorry smoth for bashing.
Don't apologize just attack harder next time and hope they won't pop up anymore.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Pako wrote:
Don't apologize just attack harder next time and hope they won't pop up anymore.

this isn't wackamole!
se5a

Post by se5a »

How about we all agree not to use personal insults and namecalling in our arguments.
smoth

Post by smoth »

lol, that isn't going to happen. we'll all be hanging out smug as bugs bunny and a pile of Yosemite sams will bust out of dsd and eat our coms.
Senna

Post by Senna »

Smoth its enought, u started all this raging about so pls stop.
smoth

Post by smoth »

what did I start now?
Senna

Post by Senna »

Nothing man u start nothing, just be a person and respect other people posts
thats all

Same with marciolino, carpenter and bfc
Last edited by Senna on 29 Oct 2011, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I'll just remind you senna, any issue you have with me, take it to pm instead of derailing the thread. If you need to blow off steam do it in pm. don't do it in a thread where I am left with the choice of be villified or derail. I stood up for the tera guy because he didn't post here.. it did little good, he came in and shit ensued. So I guess next time, I'll just stand idle by and let you guys throw poo at one another.
Senna

Post by Senna »

i dont have any issue or problem with you @ smoth , u answered it
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

Pako wrote:
And if not Wayne?
What is so wrong to apologize my bad behavior and personal attack on him? I cannot be arsed to start a flame war just because this so i rather apologize then unnecessary continue it.
bfc

Post by bfc »

muckl wrote:as long as there other autohosts with 16+ players i will NOT change everything on my autohost
i did it in the past and the users wanted 16+ games and there joined other autohosts with 16+ setting - so there is NO GO for me as long as there isnt a global rule for all owners
Few days ago i noticed that FabriceFabs was locking one of his host to prevent specs and players to aggregate in a battle that had already started. I don't know if he is still doing it, but it shows that at least one owner of some big autohost was ready to do something. It is not a desperate cause. Maybe you, autohost owners, could discuss this directly together.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

Yep, I've tried it and removed it.
It's a bit annoying when a player crashes and have to rejoin in goal of taking back the battle.
Players should do a vote for an «!autolockrunningbattle 0» and just after an «!autolockrunningbattle 1» when player has join back battle.

Now, I could do anything to make Spring a better popular game.

I've read Licho's page on google.

I did new set up now on my autohosts :
- Nextmap rotation when game ends,
- Nextmap rotation when autohost is empty.

I's possible to put back «!autolockrunningbattle 1» 1 by default, but this will work only if all autohosts are setting-up like this.

It's surely more interesting to have 3 * 5v5 instead of only 12v12 with 10 specs... :/
We should also have a think about max specs ; 6 max specs could be enough (currently 12).

Code: Select all

maxSpecs               20                    20 | 0-20
on Tera's host should really have to be less.

Added @ 18:15 : 40 persons on this Host (12v12 + 16 specs...)
This is very much regards to BA players (round to 60)

Cu
Last edited by FabriceFABS on 29 Oct 2011, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

Senna wrote:Nothing man u start nothing, just be a person and respect other people posts
thats all
Same with marciolino, carpenter and bfc
I didn't disrespect anyone here, if so tell me when. I started a polemic discussion ok but I didnt want to, my intension was just discuss and understand the problem of "less players" and if it really exists or not.

The idea of posting my discussion with Paste was maybe clumsy but it was not to aggress him or tell him it is his fault (it is a much big pb imo).
As you all can read back I said many times that:

1. I dont know the real reason of "Spring has less players"
2. I dont know the solution to this problem, or if it is just the natural history of BA
3. But, I would like to discuss and try to find some answers.

I didn't tell autohosts ARE the problem, just that it COULD BE the problem if they are configured without player/spec limit, then lets discuss about it together and find a conclusion.

If it is not a problem, GREAT! Lets move on and focus on another idea.

But why we cant discuss? Why take it personally? Why we need to be so mad and insult everyone?

I still think that 8v8+ can be fun. It is awesome that the engine allows it. And I like to play sometimes these huge games.
> BUT
Since we are discussion the direction of a game/BA community I dont think that "if ppl play it, it's because they want to" is a real argument and sufficient to say "I wont change anything".

FACT: Big battles are easier to join/play/spec than small games.
CONSEQUENCE: New players will start there.

FACT: Big battles are very difficult to manage and IMPOSSIBLE to moderate all time.
CONSEQUENCE 1: Big battles are full of trolling/insults.
CONSEQUENCE 2: Newbies just dont come back. Vets dont mind but for a new player it is a sufficient reason to quit.

If we had 100000 players ok, we should not care, people could do whatever they want to, but it is not the case.

One more time, I dont know the solution, I am not blaming one person or two or whatever... but please lets discuss like adults.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

FabriceFABS wrote:...
I've read Licho's page on google.

I did new set up now on my autohosts :
- Nextmap rotation when game ends,
- Nextmap rotation when autohost is empty.
To this, I added 7 max specs on each host instead of 12.
This is enough.

I encourage all other autohosts owners to do the same.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

I did that too some days ago at x-host... 8 specs though.
FabriceFABS

Post by FabriceFABS »

What are you waiting for to put it back ? :mrgreen:
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Thank you Fabrice and vbs for trying out different settings, and reporting relevant information here. Some knowledge through empiric research could really help this discussion (analysis?).

@muckl - could you also try lowering the specs-limit (not the player-limit) of the TERRA servers for a week or so? If we could convince the admin of Galdos to also do that (at the same time), we could finally gather some information if spec-limit is relevant to player-host-distribution or not.

--> One "BA-dying-theory" proved right/wrong --> community can move on --> use its time to improve other things --> community has worked together for a common goal --> good community
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

maybee should add wordfilter for noobs + hide map drawings

basically community on auto ignore

Return to “General Discussion”