Serious abuse

Serious abuse

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Marked

Serious abuse

Post by Marked »

Hello

I know I will get some bad replies to this, but I'd like to see the general reaction to how [LOeT]Zinn just spoke to me in our (generally) friendly community.

I remember learning quickly a few years ago that any reference to culturally sensitive wars etc wasn't put up with here. In fact it resulted in a few complete bans and I had a lot of respect for that. Especially in fact when it was British people making comments about Germans.

My issue comes when Zinn who knows I am Jewish makes the following comments...It is like when crowds hiss at football games towards the Jewish communities. Truly moronic and low:

Exact quote excluding the two well placed *'s.
"
[21:00:59] <Chartered> dont take the piss
[21:01:06] <Chartered> you piece of sh*t
[21:01:23] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> well, you powerless piece of sh*t :)
[21:01:35] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> worth- and powerless pos
[21:01:46] <Chartered> excuse me?
[21:02:02] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> You know what germans used to do to ppl like you?
[21:02:11] <Chartered> haha
[21:02:23] <Chartered> who told you im jewish
[21:02:36] <Chartered> because that joke just crossed the spring abuse boundary
[21:03:01] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> Far beyond
[21:03:50] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> you are very sad that i took the drive out of your nazi-insults?
[21:04:02] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> yeah, go, find an admin to care for you! :D
[21:04:17] <Chartered> I've never made nazi insults
[21:04:40] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> After all you seem to have got the drift: I am not your mother. Very nice and impressive sane :)
[21:05:13] <Chartered> I was told that because of German insecurities about the nazi's, comments like that got people banned from here
[21:05:28] <Chartered> I am sure you will get away with it, but I would like to see why
"

Many of you won't care, but I am tired of people in positions of power getting away with acting like scum and dragging this community to an all new low.
smoth

Re: Serious abuse

Post by smoth »

Marked wrote:Hello

I know I will get some bad replies to this, but I'd like to see the general reaction to how [LOeT]Zinn just spoke to me in our (generally) friendly community.

I remember learning quickly a few years ago that any reference to culturally sensitive wars etc wasn't put up with here. In fact it resulted in a few complete bans and I had a lot of respect for that. Especially in fact when it was British people making comments about Germans.

My issue comes when Zinn who knows I am Jewish makes the following comments...It is like when crowds hiss at football games towards the Jewish communities. Truly moronic and low:

Exact quote excluding the two well placed *'s.
"
[21:00:59] <Chartered> dont take the piss
[21:01:06] <Chartered> you piece of sh*t
[21:01:23] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> well, you powerless piece of sh*t :)
[21:01:35] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> worth- and powerless pos
[21:01:46] <Chartered> excuse me?
[21:02:02] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> You know what germans used to do to ppl like you?
[21:02:11] <Chartered> haha
[21:02:23] <Chartered> who told you im jewish
[21:02:36] <Chartered> because that joke just crossed the spring abuse boundary
[21:03:01] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> Far beyond
[21:03:50] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> you are very sad that i took the drive out of your nazi-insults?
[21:04:02] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> yeah, go, find an admin to care for you! :D
[21:04:17] <Chartered> I've never made nazi insults
[21:04:40] <[TERA]DSDHost2> <[LOeT]Zinn> After all you seem to have got the drift: I am not your mother. Very nice and impressive sane :)
[21:05:13] <Chartered> I was told that because of German insecurities about the nazi's, comments like that got people banned from here
[21:05:28] <Chartered> I am sure you will get away with it, but I would like to see why
"

Many of you won't care, but I am tired of people in positions of power getting away with acting like scum and dragging this community to an all new low.
Qouting in case op tries to delete text and chang his story...

I am tired of Jewish people with a chip on thier shoulders about nazis. This isn't horibble abuse this is just insesitive at best. And because he was INSESITIVE you come here for blood. I am more annoyed at you.

I was once in a costume shop looking for a mazi helmet for some cosplay when I asked about it some Jewish bitch flipped her shit at me for being so offensive. I didn't know she was Jewish and German army helmet evokes images of ww1 helmets, so that was the term to use

He is just fucking with you. It was insensitive not some affront to your people.

I get called all kinds of ugly shit directly because I am a southern American. I do agree his behavior is inappropriate. It is inappropriate but then again, we are seeing half the conversation. You may well be quoting him out of context. so I won't condemn him.

In the future:
1) Stop being so sesitive about being Jewish you could have taken it as a general joke and let it slide.
2) Directly pm a moderator.
Last edited by smoth on 20 Jul 2011, 22:37, edited 2 times in total.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

You're Chartered? I've got a group on my client for "Trolls/Pricks". You're the only one in it :/ Everybody knows Spring moderation is a joke, it's just generally accepted now. If you don't wanna put up with shit, play on a different host or leave the community.
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

So basically it's like if I were a little Japanese girl and combombed someone then when they tell me to fuck off I report them for sexual abuse?
Let's introduce a whole set of new rules that let you provoke the other person and if they respond with something from the OFFICIAL OFFENSIVE LIST you win and they get a ban.
It will help the metagame.
smoth

Post by smoth »

He called the guy a piece of shit, then gets mad about a mild barb about his tribe such a harsh world he lives in..
Marked

Post by Marked »

You can't honestly say that his comment didn't cross the line...

I like jokes, I like general abuse where appropriate because it is funny.

I do not like this kind of lowlife comment.
smoth

Post by smoth »

It didn't you made it about Jewish people. He could have been talking about anything but hey you can call him a piece of shit but he cannot make a reference about Germans? No you took a small spat and came here in an attempt to libel him as an anti-Semite. A serious acusation which you are evoking with what you are making his comment into. That sort of accusation isn't something to take lightly. You bring shame to other Jews with your behavior!
Marked

Post by Marked »

Smoth you are one funny individual
Marked

Post by Marked »

This statement might work sometimes but not when the topic of abuse is on this level...
Andrej wrote:So basically it's like if I were a little Japanese girl and combombed someone then when they tell me to fuck off I report them for sexual abuse?
Let's introduce a whole set of new rules that let you provoke the other person and if they respond with something from the OFFICIAL OFFENSIVE LIST you win and they get a ban.
It will help the metagame.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I am. You cannot come here and try and paint someone as an anti-semite like that. It is terribly wrong of you as a jewish person. That label should be reserved and used carefully. You are a shame to your people!
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I know its bad practice, but this calls for it..

for_Moderation:
{
if threadclimate<flamingHotPressure
threadclimate++;

//Highl explosive Thread, in loop for a flamewar, only one thing can save us now.

GOTA for_ moderation;

}

edit: Was that the standard internet ironic-antisemitism, or was that really ment as a insult? Because, the JUICE world-conspiracy (such a omnipotent force, able to ruin your day, but not able to disarm I-RAN) is behind that ANTI-SEMTEXISM. PROOF? EVIDANCE? HOW DARE YOU, NOT TAKING MY WORD FOR GRANTED! You are one of them. All of you.

Im surely not hatin because of IQ-envy...
Last edited by PicassoCT on 20 Jul 2011, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
Marked

Post by Marked »

Let me just check I am following you correctly.

Other Jewish people will be annoyed that I am raising this issue in an open forum, using direct quotes.

No, really, they won't.

I also (for some useless sense of justice) linked Zin to this topic in case he wanted to put his side across.

The good thing about this community is you cannot hide from your comments. They are logged!
smoth

Post by smoth »

I am saying that you trying to raise the anti-semite flag for this insult IS serious abuse.

plus you called him a piece of shit. Looks to me like you started shit and he finished it. You didn't like how it turned out so you came here to try and vilify him. I think it is immature and irresponsible of you.
Marked

Post by Marked »

Smoth

I never suggested he has genuine feelings of hatred towards Jewish people. For the record I doubt he has, no person worth their breath would.

None of this though make what he said acceptable. People that come out with that shit should suffer some kind of consequence. Especially those who abuse their position to say whatever the hell they want, then kick people from lobbies etc etc.
Marked

Post by Marked »

IQ levels are subjective :D
PicassoCT wrote:I know its bad practice, but this calls for it..

for_Moderation:
{
if threadclimate<flamingHotPressure
threadclimate++;

//Highl explosive Thread, in loop for a flamewar, only one thing can save us now.

GOTA for_ moderation;

}

edit: Was that the standard internet ironic-antisemitism, or was that really ment as a insult? Because, the JUICE world-conspiracy (such a omnipotent force, able to ruin your day, but not able to disarm I-RAN) is behind that ANTI-SEMTEXISM. PROOF? EVIDANCE? HOW DARE YOU, NOT TAKING MY WORD FOR GRANTED! You are one of them. All of you.

Im surely not hatin because of IQ-envy...
smoth

Post by smoth »

Marked wrote:People that come out with that shit should suffer some kind of consequence.
what shit? that wasn't crap. have you ever WATCH family guy? or anything. It is tongue in cheek
Marked wrote:Especially those who abuse their position to say whatever the hell they want, then kick people from lobbies etc etc.
what position, the guy is a nobody.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

smoth wrote:I am saying that you trying to raise the anti-semite flag for this insult IS serious abuse.

plus you called him a piece of shit. Looks to me like you started shit and he finished it. You didn't like how it turned out so you came here to try and vilify him. I think it is immature and irresponsible of you.
This. Word for word.

End of thread.

Return to “General Discussion”