TAUniverse 'Old Guard' - Page 2

TAUniverse 'Old Guard'

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: TAUniverse 'Old Guard'

Post by PicassoCT »

WOMBATSHITINSANE - WHY SO MAD! ;)

SPRING WAS FOUNDED ON ATARINECROPHILIA, YOU CAN NOT DENY OUR COMON ORIGINS! WE ALL LONGED FOR THE FORBIDDEN ROTTEN FRUIT ONCE! SOME OF US STILL DO!
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Someone called for TAUniverse old guard? I was posting there 10-11 years ago (no that's not an exaggeration) B-)

I was also a lurker back in the Annihilated.com days. B-)

Probably most senior member on this forum... until the SYs themselves come back or start posting again :P
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I lost my home when annihilated.com went down. I thought most of the people at tau were pricks. Ppl on annihilated weren't ubernice, but definitely nicer.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Dragon45 wrote:Someone called for TAUniverse old guard? I was posting there 10-11 years ago (no that's not an exaggeration) B-)
Forgot about you. Also that's only as old as me and gnome and zwzsg. :P
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Zwzsg will correct me if I'm wrong but I think he didn't show up until 2002 or 2003, which would make him slightly newer. Or maybe that's just when he took up the mantle of bos wizard and that's what sticks out in my mind.

And yeah I was there for Dragon's spam cannon days on PA... and PA wasn't even my first stop
SpikedHelmet

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Hah, I remember the vitriolic discussions in the debates forums there back when I gave a shit. Good times! zwz I think was kinda newish but then again like whatshisface said it could've just been that he only became known by his crazy cob wizardry that literally every modder drooled over.

I don't really remember anyone else, but o7 Old Guard checkin' in!
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Gnomre wrote:Zwzsg will correct me if I'm wrong but I think he didn't show up until 2002 or 2003, which would make him slightly newer. Or maybe that's just when he took up the mantle of bos wizard and that's what sticks out in my mind.

And yeah I was there for Dragon's spam cannon days on PA... and PA wasn't even my first stop
I am 2001, I recall zwzsg also cropping up in 2002ish, iirc you are 2000. It's not really much of a stretch to lump the three of us into the same bracket. :wink:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Ah Annihilated, those were the days, I remember joining a modding group and making a set of space tiles, before being laughed out XD I think they wanted something more like the map Zsinj did
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

one day we will chat about this chat about old chat.. now even the nostalgia is meta..

wine and memory both age well
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

PicassoCT wrote:one day we will chat about this chat about old chat.. now even the nostalgia is meta..

Hey, remember that Nostalgia thread from a few months ago?

Good times... :P
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

MidKnight wrote:
PicassoCT wrote:one day we will chat about this chat about old chat.. now even the nostalgia is meta..

Hey, remember that Nostalgia thread from a few months ago?

Good times... :P
yeah back then nostalgia was beta, thos threads had class, they didnt had this taste of teabags used for the third time
Gnomre

Post by Gnomre »

FLOZi wrote:
Gnomre wrote:I am 2001, I recall zwzsg also cropping up in 2002ish, iirc you are 2000. It's not really much of a stretch to lump the three of us into the same bracket. :wink:
Yeah, I got the game in late 99, started editing other 3rd party units in early 2000 (they were actually some of GZ's units from estrella), and by August of that year I had made my first unit which was released on Total Obliteration. A few of us from those forums started wormhole which later migrated to PA and then after that to TAU.

I kind of miss the TAU-PA news posting rivalry :(

[edit] speaking of total obliteration, I only figured out about a year or two ago how the name "Graeme" is pronounced. I thought it was "Grey-eem" or some weird shit like that for years :D
d-gun

Post by d-gun »

boneyards anyone?

also sy's replay recorder was tits
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Heh, spam cannon days... legend. Got my own custom forum icon... and was banned twice.

Gnomre == Gnome == cool-man...

I wonder what DarkYouth is up to nowadays (Steve Young was his IRL name IIRC)
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I'm still lurking. I moved cities and semi-switched professions so been a little busy of late. But still around.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Warlord Zsinj wrote:I'm still lurking. I moved cities and semi-switched professions so been a little busy of late. But still around.
Now you only make half-buildings???
:shock:
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Kinda... I'm studying fine woodworking/furniture design. Got sick of sitting behind a computer staring at CAD all day long. Will probably go back to architecture but take a more hands-on approach.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Ah, kids these days..
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

yeah, back in those days, when we had enough, we started a war, got of country, shot some people, that relaxes, and then, when you return, the old job looks like gold- no mosquito, just 8 hours, good food, no shrapnells and dieing teammates- thats a job? thats a holiday! ;)

In some sense, we also moved cities, and switched professions, but it was just temporoary.
scifi

Post by scifi »

PicassoCT wrote:yeah, back in those days, when we had enough, we started a war, got of country, shot some people, that relaxes, and then, when you return, the old job looks like gold- no mosquito, just 8 hours, good food, no shrapnells and dieing teammates- thats a job? thats a holiday! ;)

In some sense, we also moved cities, and switched professions, but it was just temporoary.
Well back in those days we could nuke the hole world and not care ;)

But back on topic:

Some people changed acounts over the years lots have joined and left,
This is like my third spring acount lawl, after coming back so many times.

Return to “General Discussion”