Video: Nukes vs Antinukes

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Well certainly proves that Antinukes are effective. That was alot of nukes...
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

nice vid heheh
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

the effectiveness of anti-nukes is dependant upon the range from the launcher...for example, if those nuke silos where as far away as the next island out from thier shore, they would've destroyed the base.
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Well, a very good rule of thump is: 1 antinuke can counter 3 nukes indefinitely, on ANY range, and at any sustained rate (they rebuild faster than 3 nuke build their ammunition).

But on long ranges, vs single salvo, a single antinuke can easily down 8 or 9 incoming missiles even at modest ranges.
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

That seems kinda crazy... it makes nuke spamming completely impossible once the defender catches wind of it. wouldn't it be more fair if each anti-nuke had a longer reload time? or could only have 1 anti-nuke missile in the air at a time? maybe the defense radius can be reduced? anything?
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Mabye the attacker can use some altrenate means to destroy the anti...
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

oh, yes... that's also true... but aren't nukes usually used to 'soften up' defenses, or eliminate enemy resources that you are having a super-hard time getting through normally?
LathanStanley

Post by LathanStanley »

20 finks, 5 accurate and well placed bertha cannons (or ~30 strategic bombers), and 3 nuke launchers...

step 1,
fly the finks over, mark the antinuke silo

step 2,
bombard the silo with either berthas, (4 hits or so kills it) or just use the bombers and attack the location...

step 3,
nuke the base dead, powerplants first, then factories, then ore...

step 4,
walk on them with your army

game over...

moral and rule of thumb, build more anti-nukes than you think you will ever need :wink:
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Nice. The spectator cam was very cool.

Well done, and informative to boot.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I vowed to never again play Shore to Shore with balanced teams.

Once, it was me and Mong vs mother and someone else who had crashed or something (2v1) for some 3~4 hours. There was no way any of us would win the other.

This map is useless to play with balanced (or even mildly unbalanced) teams of good players. At least until the shores are brought up to range of LRPCs.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

this is why you need to spam with EMP MISSILES and exaust stores of anti-nukes... tho the range in THIS case wouldn't help that...
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

That's why Coast to Coast was always far more popular than Shore to Shore ever was in OTA: LRPCs and other artillery had very good range on that map, so you couldn't just camp out.
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Invaders FTW
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

LathanStanley wrote:20 finks, 5 accurate and well placed bertha cannons (or ~30 strategic bombers), and 3 nuke launchers...

step 1,
fly the finks over, mark the antinuke silo

step 2,
bombard the silo with either berthas, (4 hits or so kills it) or just use the bombers and attack the location...

step 3,
nuke the base dead, powerplants first, then factories, then ore...

step 4,
walk on them with your army

game over...

moral and rule of thumb, build more anti-nukes than you think you will ever need :wink:
antistep 1: more then one antinuke
antistep 2: mobile antinuke on patrol part
antistep 3: wall around antinuke
antistep 4: same decent aa (like a band of hawks patrolling)

will make that plan fail. antinukes are tiny (as a target for bertas and bombers especially (those dont hit shit), and surprisingly healthy...

Edit:

about shoretoshore: as core there is a chance to push through. Even most good players underestimate how much a massive moho economy can deliver. 100 warlords with air cover and antiradar ships can push through even the most tough defenses and create a bridgehead where the krogoths are landed....
Folke

Post by Folke »

IMSabbel wrote:
LathanStanley wrote: about shoretoshore: as core there is a chance to push through. Even most good players underestimate how much a massive moho economy can deliver. 100 warlords with air cover and antiradar ships can push through even the most tough defenses and create a bridgehead where the krogoths are landed....
And i think u underestimate the power a long row of annhiliators along more or less teh entire coast... and if you wanna go really crazy alnog the edge of the hill as well.... granted that would cost a LOT but 100 warlords would as well =)
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

i once pushed trough a line of like you descripe. sure it was costly like hell, but it worked.

(first air coverage and subs to the coast so there was no sonar/spotter coverage, plus the annihilators were visible. Then brought a pack of 50-60 warlords in firering range, radar jammed, with fire on hold (this was on the top). those were sacrificed to kill about 10-15 annihilators at the top end which opened the path the the second wave could push through. In fact they coudnt really push through, but the warlords bought enough time to land 3 kroggies, and that made stuff much easier.

Sure, with equal economy that wouldnt have worked, but looking at the replay i found that with my 2000m/s i outproduces the enemy quite a bit. Some people just dont have the guts to build 80 fusions with 20necros assisting :D
Fritokane

Post by Fritokane »

IMSabbel wrote:about shoretoshore: as core there is a chance to push through. Even most good players underestimate how much a massive moho economy can deliver. 100 warlords with air cover and antiradar ships can push through even the most tough defenses and create a bridgehead where the krogoths are landed....
Krogoths can't be transported anymore.

However, you could always spam amphibious kbots (pelican/gimp) or lots and lots of hovercraft.

Annihilators, for all their vaunted attack strength, can't engage multiple units effectively.
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

ah. my bad.

forgot that that game wasnt in this version :)
Folke

Post by Folke »

IMSabbel wrote:i once pushed trough a line of like you descripe. sure it was costly like hell, but it worked.

(first air coverage and subs to the coast so there was no sonar/spotter coverage, plus the annihilators were visible. Then brought a pack of 50-60 warlords in firering range, radar jammed, with fire on hold (this was on the top). those were sacrificed to kill about 10-15 annihilators at the top end which opened the path the the second wave could push through. In fact they coudnt really push through, but the warlords bought enough time to land 3 kroggies, and that made stuff much easier.

Sure, with equal economy that wouldnt have worked, but looking at the replay i found that with my 2000m/s i outproduces the enemy quite a bit. Some people just dont have the guts to build 80 fusions with 20necros assisting :D
I've also won on that level with a huge number of annhis on the beach... BUt that guy didn't build annhiliators everywere just on most places... and I baresly got thourgh with my 100 battleships air supperiority and a big number of berthas tthat i mangaed to build on the island next to his base.. a feat I should not have been able to do if the guy was doing his job correctly....

I'm not sayig there is NO way to kill of someone who build all that but I am saying that if the guy is quite good AND has that defence there isn't mutch hope for yuou going out of the battlerooom proud of a new victory =)

Return to “General Discussion”