PlanetWars online campaign BETA iz now! - Page 2

PlanetWars online campaign BETA iz now!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Wombat

Re: PlanetWars online campaign BETA iz now!

Post by Wombat »

idea got bright future :D
Panda

Post by Panda »

Pretty.
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I'm glad games are balanced this time around, but on the other hand, it feels a bit lacking in clan competitiveness. There doesn't seem to be any point in rallying your clan for a match. Also, given how games are balanced by elo, so everyone wins/loses about 50/50, but you get IP for winning, pretty much all you do to get IP is to play. There doesn't seem to be much incentive for playing especially well, any more than normal.
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

We must decide where to push it. We could incentive clans, but then games wouldbe unbalanced. We could also make it "clan only" -> forcing all people to be in some clan before playing.

And we could penalize losing (IP loss).

The rest is probably up to clans (to cooperate more). GUI changes ingame could help (ingame clan indication)
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Im also thinking about rethinking defenses to perhaps counter-act dropships instead of directly IP.

Suggestions welcome
http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/258
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

I was mulling over this a bit and I've come to the conclusion that it is impossible to reconcile between a system based for casual players and one for competitive players.

Currently it is designed for casual players. You don't really need to worry about winning or losing games (its 50/50 win/lose anyway), you don't need to worry about clans not wanting you because you suck, and you can jump in any game whenever you want to play. I think this is all fine the way it is for a lot of players.

Perhaps eventually there could be an alternate planetwars galaxy geared toward more competitive play, with organized clan-only matches and no elo balance (If it is clan vs clan play and your team is stacked, you're doing it right), and a resultant ranking of the best clans in Zero-K.
DavetheBrave

Post by DavetheBrave »

Those crazy unbalanced games were my favorite thing about the old planet wars D:
Gota

Post by Gota »

So really..Is that Saktoth in the screenshot?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Doesn't someone-else getting a victory on your planet take away your IP from that planet and gain them IP? Isn't that the reason to avoid losing?
smoth

Post by smoth »

Unclaned peepsis good that is how it is to be alone and have a fleet show up. Would be cool if an invading clan could say join us or die! The player could join them or die in defiance.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Okay, epic victory for zero-k, this will be such a magnet, so i want to be first, for the first time. Not to congratulate, but to utter a complaint.

Planetwars ruined Spring for me. There are no longer any 8vs8badsd games. Everyone is playing Planetwars, its filled with canonfoodnubs and they hire pro-gamers as mercenarys in those standby barracks that replaced main.

First!
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

DavetheBrave wrote:Those crazy unbalanced games were my favorite thing about the old planet wars D:
Want to come back for some more? :D
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

PicassoCT wrote:Okay, epic victory for zero-k, this will be such a magnet, so i want to be first, for the first time. Not to congratulate, but to utter a complaint.

Planetwars ruined Spring for me. There are no longer any 8vs8badsd games. Everyone is playing Planetwars, its filled with canonfoodnubs and they hire pro-gamers as mercenarys in those standby barracks that replaced main.

First!

I have looked into the face of the future, and it is.... beautiful.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Sadly PW seems to promote the large games rather then 1v1.
Now if planet wars was working like some 1v1 tourney..that would be cool. With the current player count you would have 10 to 15 games going on all the time instead of 1 or 2.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

albator wrote:Any chance it gets adapted for BA ?
every planet would be DSD
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

You can play it with any size. We plan dedicated 1v1 autohost and FFA autohost though.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

albator wrote:Any chance it gets adapted for BA ?
Or maybe you could just play zero-k.

Every good feature and extra work made by other/mods game should not be ported to BA.

BA has already got enough help from CA/Zero-k as it is.

The whole point of this is a feature to attract people to Zero-K not more people to fill up BA8v8dsd games.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

im clanless, but want to join in as a mercenary for the highest xp-bidder. Wat to do Licho?
quantum

Post by quantum »

Uh oh, lets not start with BA vs ZK

PicassoCT wrote:im clanless, but want to join in as a mercenary for the highest xp-bidder. Wat to do Licho?
Clanless players are mercenaries. You can win battles, gain influence and sell it from the planet pages or the trade page.

Return to “General Discussion”