Nostalgia - Page 2

Nostalgia

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Re: Nostalgia

Post by AF »

Ill have you know I've been the person with the highest postcount for 6 years now by a huge margin, not counting the month when the forum got wiped and the developers postcounts remained intact, but it only took a month for me to pass those by.

I still make spelling errors, theyre just not as common. But anyone who looks closely can see they're riddled with punctuation errors. =D
smoth

Post by smoth »

One for the oldfags here... Af, agorm, looking at you...

Trees

should

not

regrow
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

AF wrote:Ill have you know I've been the person with the highest postcount for 6 years now by a huge margin, not counting the month when the forum got wiped and the developers postcounts remained intact, but it only took a month for me to pass those by.

I still make spelling errors, theyre just not as common. But anyone who looks closely can see they're riddled with punctuation errors. =D
I remember when we all thought AF was a moron because he never proofread his posts because he was connecting via dial-up or some such excuse... we all thought he was such a noob and would never contribute anything to the community. Turns out we were right wrong.
Regret

Post by Regret »

The moment I realized in BA t2 air transport can pick up multiple commanders.

That time when CA had an infinite resource exploit. Then when it got fixed, another one was found the same day.

Getting IP banned from browsing forums.

Reading Argh's advice.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

seeing wombat and bomba in the same game and being so surprised they weren't the same guy
-_-

i miss meph

baw baw in meph_lair banlist thread still makes me laugh, lolrage from regret and flop
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

smoth wrote:One for the oldfags here... Af, agorm, looking at you...

Trees

should

not

regrow
roflmfao

& lol @jazcash
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Installing spring after seeing screenshots of Imperial Winter. :regret:

No pressure though guys. :-)
Day

Post by Day »

hi
tombom

Post by tombom »

Day wrote:hi
this is my best birthday present ever
Gota

Post by Gota »

How is that tongue holding up?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

kixxy beeing trolled, flashing avatars, argh suggesting dirty workarounds which send smoth up the walls.

Flooding feature requests with ridickulous stuff, not realizing, that if you want awesome you got to do it yourshelf.

DasBruce and Fanger - EE beeing awesome, but getting ignored, because speedmetall ironed them all. Forb making maps. lathan crowding features in till you couldnt see your units anymoar.

Desyncs. Cadyr Fanbois everywhere. First Map ingame. Pure Enthusiasm, till i realized that the pros did hundreds of versions of there maps, till it refined to something playable.

The arrival of the LUA_Smackdown for Feature Requests.

Fanbois starting starcraftmods, and letting them die again on page 4.

AFs Cookies.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

<3
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

hmm, memories eh?

- getting excited about this project, and spamming suggestions/bug reports in the forum.
- altored divide was most played map.
- AA getting updated constantly with no direction at all.
- when i still actually played seriously.
- duck and cow was popular.
- 8 players playing 2x2 map with E&E mod.
- 16 players playing 4x4 map with E&E mod.
- inventing speedballs and make u rage because its so obviously wrong name and the map looks like shit but its more popular than ur maps. o'hai behe.
- inventing greenfields gameplay.
- making dozen of fun speedball map-mods. and watching haters hating.
- kernel panic was popular.
- micro modules was popular.
- watching how all old good popular stuff dies out.
- watching Regret combombing every game for over 2 years. facepalming about it. making Regret rage by posting videos of his failing under a fake name.
- looking how spring related sites die one by one.
- the day Noize banned me for a week in the lobby! oh that was a long week...
- the day when Noize left and the hope for good moderators vanished.
- The era of DSD.
- facepalming how the trolls get moderation rights, watching how the community goes in war against each other, losing hope.
- The era of Neddie.
- The era of excess locking and splitting threads.
- The day of 10 scapegoats who saved the moderators asses from losing their jobs.
- hearing that some Spring player made suicide IRL.
- watching how lua takes over everything, and praying they wont start using XML too.
- watching more of haters hating haters.
- getting unexcited about this project, stopping playing and contributing anything, finally understading why others did the same.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Oh hey. Remember that Nostalgia thread from back in 2011?

Man, good times. =)
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

DevouredDev:Spring, you made me old and bitter, now i┬┤m bold and have nothing better!

Ghost in the Engine:If last night was horrible, why did you return to me? There are other engines out there, lots of them, with teams who will even listen less.

DevouredDev: I really had big plans for you, you know.

Ghast in the Engine:But you didnt want to comit yourself to them bigtime? Longterm, is long.

DevouredDev: You ate my life away, you enginevamp and all i ever get for that is cheesy test-games with ten peoples.

Ghast in the Engine:For the roar of the crowd, you would do everything, except bending your dream, for even just two or three degrees, so the crowd could look over the learning curve.

DevouredDev: You never ever admited that you are guilty, even when i nailed you to those faults.

Ghast in the Engine:I am what you put inside of me. Devs who followed you, complain now over your missing coments, as if it was my handiwork.

I joined this for the drama, oh man, if spring was a theater company, we would be famous.

Also: Lol @ how everbody claims you just- only need some LUA-Knowledge to glua your game together, but everyone who really has a outgrown mod is by some miracle either programer- or on the way towards that job anyway. Freeakin miracles.
Last edited by PicassoCT on 17 Apr 2011, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Hmm I was making maps hardcore back then. Ahh, the good ole days.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

PicassoCT wrote:DevouredDev:Spring, you made me old and bitter, now i┬┤m bold and have nothing better!

Ghost in the Engine:If last night was horrible, why did you return to me? There are other engines out there, lots of them, with teams who will even listen less.

DevouredDev: I really had big plans for you, you know.

Ghast in the Engine:But you didnt want to comit yourself to them bigtime? Longterm, is long.

DevouredDev: You ate my life away, you enginevamp and all i ever get for that is cheesy test-games with ten peoples.

Ghast in the Engine:For the roar of the crowd, you would do everything, except bending your dream, for even just two or three degrees, so the crowd could look over the learning curve.

DevouredDev: You never ever admited that you are guilty, even when i nailed you to those faults.

Ghast in the Engine:I am what you put inside of me. Devs who followed you, complain now over your missing coments, as if it was my handiwork.

I joined this for the drama, oh man, if spring was a theater company, we would be famous.

Also: Lol @ how everbody claims you just- only need some LUA-Knowledge to glua your game together, but everyone who really has a outgrown mod is by some miracle either programer- or on the way towards that job anyway. Freeakin miracles.
My god! Spring has a future as a major cinema screenplay production!
Quick! Somebody 'shop a movie poster!
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I remember so many things... but all I'd like to say is that some people should have their memories checked. :wink:
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

doubledoubt Memory leak? In my spring?

float *spring_mem= &memory_leak;

Point taken.

Return to “General Discussion”