UNBAN KAISER

UNBAN KAISER

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Wombat
Posts: 3379
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 15:53

UNBAN KAISER

Post by Wombat » 17 Feb 2011, 18:04

he is my only friend, i love him...
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by Jazcash » 17 Feb 2011, 18:09

I support this notion.
0 x

User avatar
knorke
Posts: 7971
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 01:02

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by knorke » 17 Feb 2011, 20:49

Image
0 x

User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20669
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by AF » 17 Feb 2011, 20:59

+1
0 x

luckywaldo7
Posts: 1397
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 04:36

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by luckywaldo7 » 17 Feb 2011, 21:02

Wait what, when did he get banned?
0 x

User avatar
oksnoop2
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Aug 2009, 20:12

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by oksnoop2 » 17 Feb 2011, 21:05

Here is my opinion.

What kaiser typed was by all means wrong.

What you say and how you genuinely feel about subject can be two different things. The latter being the one that seems to be more important.

Kaiser may have, at the time, had his judgment clouded by certain devices. I feel further investigation is needed before we all jump on the "free kaiser" band wagon. If it's found that he did not really mean what he typed and was well, intoxicated at the time. I think, personally I would forgive him.

However if my assumption is not the case, then yes probably a ban was in order.

I would also like to state that my opinion is probably tainted because Kaiser would be on the few who would discuss things with me in the lobby.
0 x

User avatar
lurker
Posts: 3842
Joined: 08 Jan 2007, 06:13

Re: UNBANNED KAISER

Post by lurker » 17 Feb 2011, 21:35

Okay, done. It should kick in on the 29th.
0 x

User avatar
TradeMark
Posts: 4867
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:58

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by TradeMark » 17 Feb 2011, 21:40

did he say the N word? or what the hell...
0 x

User avatar
knorke
Posts: 7971
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 01:02

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by knorke » 17 Feb 2011, 21:42

the J word :regret:

Jigga Jigga!
I am the mike-driller, here comes the bass killer!
Hyper Hyper!
Last edited by knorke on 17 Feb 2011, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
MidKnight
Posts: 2650
Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 03:11

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by MidKnight » 17 Feb 2011, 21:42

0 x

User avatar
TradeMark
Posts: 4867
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:58

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by TradeMark » 17 Feb 2011, 21:43

oh... i see... another user smoth's trolling banned
0 x

tombom
Posts: 1933
Joined: 18 Dec 2005, 20:21

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by tombom » 17 Feb 2011, 21:45

It wasn't even racist for fuck's sake. I'm usually pretty sensitive about these sorts of things but it's hardly like it's a famous Jewish stereotype that there's loads of them. I find some of the stuff people like Gota and Caydr right more offensive.
0 x

User avatar
TradeMark
Posts: 4867
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:58

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by TradeMark » 17 Feb 2011, 21:46

also, his post is like 4 days old, why ban so late?
tombom wrote:I find some of the stuff people like Gota and Caydr right more offensive.
you dont understand the way this forum works. There are some users with special privileges. Also, dont mention their names, or you get a board warning.
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5302
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by Jazcash » 17 Feb 2011, 21:48

I find Sinbad's very existence offensive but I don't complain. Or at least, I didn't until this post.
0 x

User avatar
MidKnight
Posts: 2650
Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 03:11

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by MidKnight » 17 Feb 2011, 21:50

MK in the lobby wrote:<[1uP]MidKnight> I have no problem with banning crude humor, but:
<[1uP]MidKnight> a: He ought to have been warned.
<[1uP]MidKnight> b: Just kaiser? Really?
<[1uP]MidKnight> What about picasso? http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 45#p473245
<[1uP]MidKnight> Or caydr? http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 59#p473359
<[1uP]MidKnight> Or smoth? http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 38#p473438
<[1uP]MidKnight> If we ban satirical prejudice, then we establish a very slippery slope.
0 x

User avatar
TradeMark
Posts: 4867
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:58

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by TradeMark » 17 Feb 2011, 21:50

Jazcash wrote:I find Sinbad's very existence offensive but I don't complain. Or at least, I didn't until this post.
What do you mean, sinbad is the only good mod out there, he even moderates himself!

--

Also, i think picasso doesnt get banned because everyone has him on the ignore list
0 x

User avatar
Johannes
Posts: 1265
Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 15:49

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by Johannes » 17 Feb 2011, 22:24

KaiserJ wrote:what was learned by killing a lot of jews and chinese?

that more jews and chinese will spring up in their place.

user was banned for this post
I laughed, both at the remark and the absurdity of banning over this

Damn jews can't take a joke
0 x

User avatar
TradeMark
Posts: 4867
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, 15:58

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by TradeMark » 17 Feb 2011, 22:40

You would have laughed more when you saw the reason i got banned for... + 5 more guys for same "reason"

But i kinda agree to the banning business though... its hard times and mods needs their jobs, so... we need sacrifices here or this place stops running!
0 x

User avatar
Gota
Posts: 7151
Joined: 11 Jan 2008, 16:55

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by Gota » 17 Feb 2011, 22:56

I wanna point out that if there is gonna be a jew witch hunt im not the one who asked for it to be removed, i was not offended by it nor did i think he meant to offend.
Usually the only people I flag(if ever) are Smoth and Caydr, cause i find it funny(if there is a real reason of course).

@Trademark
Yes, everyone knows the moderators adore me and im best friends with them so im privileged...NOT
In reality most of them hate me so much they dont even answer me in either pm or in the lobby, like Neddie for example which is the head of the moderation and the "community lead".
Also dont put me in one place with Smoth he is a much bigger offender who has been banned several times.
Last edited by Gota on 17 Feb 2011, 23:07, edited 3 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer
Posts: 14606
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 02:43

Re: UNBAN KAISER

Post by Forboding Angel » 17 Feb 2011, 22:57

tombom wrote:It wasn't even racist for fuck's sake. I'm usually pretty sensitive about these sorts of things but it's hardly like it's a famous Jewish stereotype that there's loads of them. I find some of the stuff people like Gota and Caydr right more offensive.
^^ This. I can't help but wonder, how am I not banned? I mean I'm rude all the time (I don't mean it that way, that's just how everyone here likes to take it), but at least what kaiser said was funny and harmless.

Edit: @gota, smoth has only been banned once and it was at his own request.
0 x

Locked

Return to “General Discussion”