Smoth.

Smoth.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Argh

Smoth.

Post by Argh »

I've been gone for a few days, doing RL crap, and I get back to this stuff where Smoth's declaring "open war" and basically saying that he doesn't care about our rules here. Never mind that what I did was simply propose a solution to a problem, then clearly demonstrate that it could be done, without breaking any rules or even being mildly insulting.

That this escalated is entirely Smoth's fault; I simply provided a solution, then he proceeded to say things that weren't remotely accurate; when I merely said they weren't accurate, he degenerated into his usual behavior of verbal attacks and flaming.

I am sorry for losing my cool in my final post in that thread, but I was pretty peeved that I'd showed a "software engineer" how to solve a practical problem, and that this young man, instead of behaving in a professional way, decided to act like it was a personal affront, with the full expectation that nobody would act to stop him.

Nobody's bothered even muting him for this behavior or taking other steps, even though all of this is clearly in violation of our rules and the spirit of the community.

Either we all start obeying all of the rules that are posted, as of right now, or I will have to deal with this.

Smoth will prefer being banned, frankly, because I don't have any way to deal with him that isn't legal. But I'm not going to sit here watching the rules not being upheld any longer.

So, are we a place where verbal bullies rule and give us the finger when they don't want to merely be polite, or are we going to enforce some community standards? Make your choice, folks. I'll be back this weekend to decide what I will do.
Beherith

Re: Smoth.

Post by Beherith »

PM sent.

Return to “General Discussion”