I will now openly attack argh when he replies to my threads.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

Since I've no idea where to post this and the moderators are to psychitzo to get their attention.

Argh will without fail derail my threads.
Argh will post solutions I am not even looking for sometimes ones that go against what I am requesting.

He has been idle, posting barely anything, yet when i post an ENGINE request he suddenly shows up to tell me lua it. I know where the lua forum is, if I wanted that I would post there.

I leave the community and come back JUSt so I can start threads in development, asking that the moderators KEEP argh from derailing my threads. First thread when I come back, argh derails it and it takes raising hell to get the thread moderated. That was the condition of my return that I can actually get shit done here.

I don't want to hear that I should just rely on the moderation staff to keep my threads sanitized, they have yet to do so in 5 years. I don't want to hear ignore him, I have done that, I cannot control others from responding and the thread getting derailed.

Argh's persistent trolling is an attempt to get a rise and get me banned? why? I don't know, he is forever alone and feels angry about it, I have no fucking clue. He is perpetually seeking to have me banned, he has no reason to be here, he abandoned PURE even though it does not work and he is collecting pay for selling copies of it. He is busy with warband and refuses to fix pure and as such has no reason to be here.

So I ask, why is it he is allowed to disrupt my development efforts? I don't think it is appropriate. I don't think it is appropriate that I have a user who is harassing me and the moment he gets the sort of angry response he wants he demands my ban. He has no reason to be here, I do. I understand that you guys say argh is a nice guy, the fucker skirts the rules of civility where I just say what I am really feeling. He has no concept or understanding of how to be a human being and has to define his social interactions based on clearly defined rules yet does not understand or care to correct when he crosses the line because the rules say he is ok.

He gets to be my personal poltergiest and you guys let it happen. His GOAL is to have me banned and nothing more. So if he posts in my threads I am going to call him on the weasel that he is and make fun of his tiny dick! Don't like it mods, you can either start doing something about him or see the forum just stay worse. because it has not gotten better yet.
0 x

smoth

Re: I will now openly attack argh when he replies to my threads.

Post by smoth »

But argh provides feasible counter arguments:

This is patently incorrect. Argh's solutions have proven time and time again to be flawed at best, hack jobs for the rest.

Even so, lua solution in engine feature suggestion is not appropriate. Saying something like "well you could approach it in lua" is one thing. Telling me that the request is moot because he developed some lua(which often works poorly if at all) is not.
0 x

Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

!mute argh

There, that should do the trick.
0 x

smoth

Post by smoth »

I had him on ignore for 2 years. I kept wonder what the fuck people were replying to. So I had to unignore him just to get an idea of WHAT sort of random shit was derailing the thread to begin with.
0 x

Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Yeh I did read your first post, you probably think I'm ignorant now :P

Somebody write a PHPBB plugin to prevent user x posting in a thread created by user y :mrgreen:
0 x

FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

smoth wrote: define his social interactions based on clearly defined rules
I'm probably being preachy, but think that could work.

Some people justify and explain their behaviour to themselves, and make the mistake others understand without really having explained.
Not everything is obvious to everybody. :-)

Have you tried "personal" rules between you guys? I think breaking a politely made agreement between two parties, and without any explanation of the cause, would be my limit.
(Even though I've probably done that myself sometimes; no one's perfect.)

Unless he conveniently finds a reason to ignore you when you attempt it, I would ask something like: "Would you be fine with leaving my thread if I feel the need (even without me explaining why) and I asked you to?"
0 x

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Argh wrote:I mean, seriously, what's the worst that can happen? I get banned, so what? Are you under the impression I'll cry a lot?

That'll make my decisions easy, frankly- shovel out 1.3, call P.U.R.E. dead, pick up Unity, forget that I wasted 5 years here.

The worst punishment they can devise is nothing compared to how much I enjoy the current situation, frankly. We're right back to Moderators playing political games with Smoth and I as the pawns, ninja bullshit to hide various sins, stalemate and classic fucking mess.
I see nothing productive coming of all of this. Thread lock
0 x

MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

AF, quoting a post that was later removed kind of ruins the purpose of removing that post in the first place. Please rectify this?

Although smoth's post might read a little inflammatory-like, I can empathize with everything he's said. This isn't "political games" or the start of a flamewar. Smoth just wants to get certain tasks done, without regard to Argh's solutions, however innovative they may be. This is because, in his experience, Argh's involvement hasn't led to the solution that smoth intended.
/summary

Now, there are 4 solutions to this issue:
  1. Moderators can remove all of argh's posts in smoth's threads. This is labor intensive, isn't a 100% solution, and asks a lot from the mods.
  2. Jazcasg mentioned a novel PHPBB script idea. This sounds like a great solution! One problem: who's going to write it?
  3. smoth can openly attack Argh in his threads. This is sub-optimal, as it may lead to flamewars, reduce other users' respect for both parties involved, and may do little to solve the problem.
  4. Argh could just, y'know, not post in smoth's threads. This requires 0 action on either party's side, and instantly solves the problem with minimal fuss.
My guess is that one of the reasons smoth is so annoyed by the situation as it is is that Argh hasn't subscribed to solution 4, which is the simplest way to solve the problem. He (I'm guessing) takes this as proof that Argh is unwilling to solve the problem, and just wants to bother him. Whether or not this may be the case, only Argh knows. :|

Either way, Solution 4 FTW!
0 x

quantum

Post by quantum »

Moderators can be contacted by sending a PM to the "Moderators" group.
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”