Max player limit.

Max player limit.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

incidenta5

Max player limit.

Post by incidenta5 »

What's the largest battle to date?

I just noticed on the about page that spring supports 250 players. The idea of a persistent battle spanning days with 100+ people is pretty awesome :)
Sucky_Lord

Re: Max player limit.

Post by Sucky_Lord »

i seem to remember doing a 10v10v10v10 once
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

incidenta5 wrote:The idea of a persistent battle spanning days with 100+ people is pretty awesome :)
Then your idea of awesome is very different to mine.
eyu100

Post by eyu100 »

incidenta5 wrote:The idea of a persistent battle spanning days with 100+ people is pretty awesome :)
It would be really hard to leave and come back...
babbles

Post by babbles »

I never got the point of battles that go on for days with RTS like the mods of Spring. Surely after 2 hours of gameplay the only units used would be T3/LRPCs/Nukes/Bombers.

And 3 days of constant lag and vulcan/buzzsaw spam just doesn't seem the best use of hours and 100 players...Maybe in a game like Sins of a Solar Empire/Total war series or something like that.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

It might be good if all T2 capabilities were disabled, so the entire time was spent com-pushing and microing
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

After 2h you basically exchange spring for a lemmings&defcon clone

Its a sad thing, but tactics dont survive the meltdown, and if you cut the nuke, all you have is the usual war of attrition, that noone reentry would survive.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Sucky_Lord wrote:
It might be good if all T2 capabilities were disabled, so the entire time was spent com-pushing and microing
If you can keep your com alive for days in t1 battles I'm not sure whether you deserve a medal for staying alive, or a darwin award for playing a single rts game for days without winning or losing.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Its all a question of the right mixture of engergydrink and coffeinmex economy. If you can take a game for three days, or play in shifts with some friends, than you deserve to win, because of reliable reserve, and not just because of shorttimed skill. And it would get that glamour, that the gladiator battle in ancient rome once had, because in this game, this spring, or at least this summer, one of them playerz is gona to drop dead to the ground and stay there.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

PicassoCT wrote:Its all a question of the right mixture of engergydrink and coffeinmex economy. If you can take a game for three days, or play in shifts with some friends, than you deserve to win, because of reliable reserve, and not just because of shorttimed skill. And it would get that glamour, that the gladiator battle in ancient rome once had, because in this game, this spring, or at least this summer, one of them playerz is gona to drop dead to the ground and stay there.
Why are you so weird
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

He jsut has a different brand of humor, and tbh he is funny. Just his english could use a little help, but if you bother to translate it into proper english, much of what he says is actually quite funny :)
incidenta5

Post by incidenta5 »

Playing in shifts... now if only Spring were compatible with the Microsoft touch table. :)

What an interesting 'board game' that would be.
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

PicassoCT wrote:Its all a question of the right mixture of engergydrink and coffeinmex economy. If you can take a game for three days, or play in shifts with some friends, than you deserve to win, because of reliable reserve, and not just because of shorttimed skill. And it would get that glamour, that the gladiator battle in ancient rome once had, because in this game, this spring, or at least this summer, one of them playerz is gona to drop dead to the ground and stay there.

Well I play withe a coffeeinmex economy in all my games 8)
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Haven't played days, but I played a five hour TA game once. Even though we built Krogoth and buzzsaw like fleas, it was still fun, if only because the map was large enough to rebuild a whole T2 base before the enemy could find it. In those games, the only resource that matters was unitlimit. Sometimes I wish we'd have a superoptimised TA to play on 128x128 map with 10k unitlimit and no pathfinding problem.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

huge player limit + huge unit limit + huge map + ability to join a game in progress and be randomly spawned with a com somewhere = spring mmo
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

That would be neat.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

ability to join a game in progress
From what I read, Spring join-game-in-progress works by receiving a replay, and fast forwarding it to the end. Few PC can run Spring simulation at x10 speed, yet even at x10 speed, it would take over 2 hr to join a game that had lasted for a day.
babbles

Post by babbles »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:huge player limit + huge unit limit + huge map + ability to join a game in progress and be randomly spawned with a com somewhere = spring mmo

1 player places mines everywhere for lols
Karl
Panzerstahl Developer

Post by Karl »

babbles wrote:

1 player places mines everywhere for lols
Congratulation! you've made a new mod idea!

Spring: Fast mine spamming and mine sweeping
Sheekel

Post by Sheekel »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:huge player limit + huge unit limit + huge map + ability to join a game in progress and be randomly spawned with a com somewhere = spring mmo
http://www.hiverise.com/

Return to “General Discussion”