How are made replays...

How are made replays...

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterZH

How are made replays...

Post by MasterZH »

I want to ask how are made replays for this and other games... in my opinion is easy to store player units moves and every command and then render scene.... but if are weapons in spring with spread which include random trajectory how can it be every time the same? :?:

thx
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Re: How are made replays...

Post by Satirik »

MasterZH wrote:I want to ask how are made replays for this and other games... in my opinion is easy to store player units moves and every command and then render scene.... but if are weapons in spring with spread which include random trajectory how can it be every time the same? :?:

thx
bad question ... if all the players see the same "weapons in spring with spread which include random trajectory", it means the random generated numbers are the same for everyone ... the replays just store the network traffic
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: How are made replays...

Post by KaiserJ »

my guess is that the "random" numbers are seeded from the game clock... so they are pseudo-random, and since the clock is a constant for all players, the "random" spread should be identical across the simulation because it was calculated in the exact same way over each instance of simulation

Return to “General Discussion”