welcome and how did you get here threads

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Redd

Post by Redd »

i see 'introduce yourself' and 'how did you hear about us?' threads/stickies quite a bit, i search and find none here.

anyone else think it would be good to have those? i associate them with community-run projects particularly, but jeez, even like tv network message boards have Intro Yourself stickies.

what say you?
oksnoop2

Re: welcome and how did you get here threads

Post by oksnoop2 »

Eh, I don't really care. I do like getting to know people though, but a introduction sticky seems like a waste of my browser space.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

1sticky is less of a waste than 30 normal threads introducing 30 different people, I think it's a good idea, although I'd rather we had a meta discussion forum for threads like this
maackey

Post by maackey »

It might also help to make it easier to watch for trolls picking on all the newbies saying hi or "imma nouncin mah mod" before they get scared away, as well.
Redd

Post by Redd »

maackey wrote:It might also help to make it easier to watch for trolls picking on all the newbies saying hi or "imma nouncin mah mod" before they get scared away, as well.
yeh thats a big part of it, i guess. it means your first post can't be answered by 'those suck' or 'do you know what you're doing?'
heheh

It also means if you're registered and just browsing, you can at least say you like the engine :-)

it's a Hello, and we still use those these days, for many more reasons than those..

The How did you get here? ones i find interesting, like a poll you can find out whether people got here by word of mouth, youtube, make-your-own-game list, or whatever..
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'm considering this, but believe the topic requires more discussion.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

Several other forums that I'm a member of (mostly car related) have a section for "Hi I'm PressureLine" threads.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

One sticky enough, or subforum?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

in the aforementioned other forums its a separate subforum. but most of those are much smaller communities than this (also no trolls)
knorke

Post by knorke »

Teutooni wrote:One sticky enough, or subforum?
Just one sticky thread imo. On the other hand a modannoucament forum would be fun.
I came here through one of the tubes.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

came for TA
stayed for mapping
left when it got boring

median XL is super badass, its a D2 total conversion with better balance than original game by far
http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/

theres a multiplayer realm for it here
http://d2maniacs.org/

Return to “General Discussion”