The case of xzalion. - Page 5

The case of xzalion.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: The case of xzalion.

Post by Jazcash »

Beherith wrote:
Jazcash wrote:Also, I believe that comments like "Wow this is shit" or "Omg you fail" made about an individual's work should be allowed if the individual allows it.
So in your opinion its ok to say things like that if its just nested in a quote block?

Code: Select all

Code would be much more fun
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

<quote of whole original post>

hooray

Also props to beherith....

Nice job removing content from my post. Let me guess, beherith did this? I hilighted the important parts.
Egglet

Post by Egglet »

I didnt read any of this thread at all because unlike argh I dont give a crap

anyway, heres my opinion on 'the case of xzalion':
he was a sensitive internet noob who spammed useless threads and if ppl actually gave a crap about him then they shouldve gotten in contact with him cuz doin shit on the forum is just asking to be trolled

lol @ argh's 10 minute speech
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Egglet wrote:I didnt read any of this thread at all because unlike argh I dont give a crap

he was a sensitive internet noob who spammed useless threads and if ppl actually gave a crap about him then they shouldve gotten in contact with him cuz doin shit on the forum is just asking to be trolled

Sorry, we dont really like your personality type around here. Go play another online game where they are more accepting of trolls? miniclip.com?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sheep <3
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Sucky_Lord wrote:
Egglet wrote:I didnt read any of this thread at all because unlike argh I dont give a crap

Sorry, we dont really like your personality type around here. Go play another online game where they are more accepting of trolls? miniclip.com?
i actually like it, but i dislike yours so go away pls !
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Seriously, what in the hell?
Egglet wrote:anyway, heres my opinion
What a strange thing to say
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Here is a picture that might break the ice. OR then not...
Attachments
springcommunity.jpg
springcommunity.jpg (106.32 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
xzalion

Post by xzalion »

After i read this topic it really drag my attention. Thanks argh for your words hope this may turn the site well, i will start over & explain more about me, i am currently busy writing my own blog, due that poeple can understand me more, for who i am, and yes. I post like Mails, that is not the issue, what i say counts etc etc. But i will follow this site's rules & don't post like mails. I have manners & respect so by that i will do so!

But thanks man.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I think a conclusion here has been reached. Now lock this and let us never speak of it again before another shitfest starts.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

xzalion: At least you don't give up easily. An essential quality for anyone aiming to achieve a mod or indie game. Don't spend too much time writing ideas on your blog. Try to get your mod or game started as soon as now. It's only by making games that you'll learn how to make games.
xzalion

Post by xzalion »

zwzsg wrote:xzalion: At least you don't give up easily. An essential quality for anyone aiming to achieve a mod or indie game. Don't spend too much time writing ideas on your blog. Try to get your mod or game started as soon as now. It's only by making games that you'll learn how to make games.

It is, The GDD is almost done & everything. the dev should take place soon on tuesday etc
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

SirArtturi wrote:Here is a picture that might break the ice. OR then not...
Oh my god this is amazing
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Hobo Joe wrote:
Oh my god this is amazing
Best comic evar.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

fixed

edit: wait, forgot to include argh
Das Bruce

Post by Das Bruce »

No, there he is in the last panel. :wink:
xzalion

Post by xzalion »

I said it now & will say it more times. Some guys here have major issues! Trying to make me look like an fool through stupid comic ART stuff. Well done mates ... Well done mates!
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

I agree with opening post.

But in the past I have experienced very strict communities (to the point that they suppressed people that thought differently than the community leaders)..the management ended up using their powers for their ego (by no means dose tight rules = corruption)Im somewhat found of the freedom here at spring

Also I would like to note that incorporating social/political philosophies to internet communities is a false analogy/fallacy (this dose not justify letting people e-bully people)..perhaps one of the biggest problems with the internet is that people dont see the suffering that they cause to people, it is as abstract as it can get..

None the less I believe that sub-forums & thread categories that are dedicated to development (basically none casual stuff that is in line with helping the community reach its goals)should have a threshold on irrelevant/potential hurtful comments.honestly, the person that made that comic attacking xzalion should get a ban. So what if he made a alot of threads, if people here where more friendly and communicated better xzalion, he would not have been so confused about what type of behavior is or is not acceptable(and being sensitive dose not mean bullying him was ok). And about his English, it is clear that English is not his first language.we should be saluting him for making the effort to use a foreign form of communication for something he passionate about
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

a little gentle teasin has not hurt anyone yet, even insaniacs like emmanuel and myself stick to spring, because after you compared it, its still a hell of a lot helpfuller, foolproofer and easier to get in and stay there then a real company.

What we need is a bot, who autopms newjoinis and autmatically delivers them the tutoriallinks to get started.

In ten years xzalion will be a productive teammember, but for today he is just collecting Ashamed-of-the-Past-Points. Hell, to proof my point how good, nice and strongoing this comunity is, i am going to make a mod, doin nearly nothing and rub it under your noose.

I shall call it A.R.G.H. Assault Revolution Global Haxx. ;)
knorke

Post by knorke »

What we need is a bot, who autopms newjoinis and autmatically delivers them the tutoriallinks to get started.
If you look 5 minutes through the forum you will find "Want to start a project? Here is where you need to start." topic...

this dose not justify letting people e-bully people)..perhaps one of the biggest problems with the internet is that people dont see the suffering that they cause to people, it is as abstract as it can get..
e-bullying is serious. But what is happening in this forum is different. Bullying would for example be stalking someones facebook, posting their pictures or private informations etc. Such stuff should be taken seriously!

But tone in this community is just a little harsh, sarcastic or whatever. Ok, a first reply in a newcomers thread should not be "for the lols", that is impolite imo. But then again spring is such a niche/"insider" thing. I would think that people who come here have learned how to deal with answers they do not like and not be personelly offended by them.

Sometimes I am surprised how somebody will react offended to one really small thing and ignore all the other perfectly good answers. So the "bad" answers get more attention then the "good" ones? That is so stupid.
Trying to make me look like an fool through stupid comic ART stuff.
honestly, the person that made that comic attacking xzalion should get a ban.
If anything the comics make fun of how the springforum always explodes on certain topics for examle, maps overwriting mods or *a mods vs other games or people annoucing their mods in a 'strange' way etc.
for argh : next time, team with hunter for a rap song 8)
+1000
I was just listening to some music in foobar player and suddendly winamp started playing arghs speech (alarm clock plugin)
Did not realize at first and it made for a very weird eerie combination...

Return to “General Discussion”