Video Request - Page 4

Video Request

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: Video Request

Post by hoijui »

+1
RL is overrated
Sereiya

Post by Sereiya »

Ok, I've found time to do sth. for it. Actually I'm experimenting with Adobe After Effects, and Searching good titles from Interpret's like "Two Steps from Hell", "Immediate Music" and "X-Ray Dog", but've found nothin' till now to make an Epic Tech Demo.

A question, what's the most important things I should follow? To not Focus on BA, showing the Epic Scale and Mass of Mods and Maps you're able to play, the incredible graphics of Spring (I think my GTX 285 should handle this...), and some nice UI's and Lua Scripts. Are there more facts I should remember? ;)
Last edited by Sereiya on 05 Aug 2010, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

yeah.. make sure to use the new maps from SirArturi and Behe,
eg Moor_V2, with Shadows 2, with the latest spring RC.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

make sure its awesome 8)
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

have it on my desk by 8:30 tomorrow
Sereiya

Post by Sereiya »

Are there some very important LUAs I should show in the video (except Emotes 8) ... just a joke)? I consider the IceUI, or is it a Framework?
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

custom formations widget and the 3D shader from CA are on top of my head
EDIT: please show some air strike shots from S44 too ( not a widget ), use track mode camera to try to get a perspective from the airplanes diving to machine gun the soldiers
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

RC/master spring has much much smoother unit tracking, thanks to jk, compared to the old "laggy" way.
Sereiya

Post by Sereiya »

"RC/master spring"
Do you mean the newest unofficial test version? I couldn't imagine what are you meaning with "master spring". In this case, is it possible to watch old replays using the new engine, or to get replays with this version? It would be extremely hard for me to "design" every battle on the new version on my own.

Next Question: Should the Tech Demo be "not so loud and epic, more technical", or "Pure Epicness as usual", so I could use Drum'n Bass Music like Pendulum - Blood Sugar? (I would edit it with Audacity for my purposes). I don't know wether we've the same apprecation of a tech demo.

I'm just careful. I've lot of ideas, and it will take MUUUCH Time to realize that using Sony Vegas 9, Audacity, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Maybe FL Studio 9 (to add some basic rythms and drums. I've enhanced my skills since the last video :roll: ). But imo it would be epic :mrgreen:
knorke

Post by knorke »

a spring engine trailer should have better information than COLOSSAL, EPIC AND AWESOME. Thats cool but more suited for games.
To showcase the engine some key features should be presented, like deformable heightmaps, particle systems or Lua scripting. So that a potential gamemaker can watch the video and think "yep, that engine has all i need for my game idea."
brb I will make a quick video what I have in mind. :shock:
knorke

Post by knorke »

something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sycqjNmQjmc
that is obviously just a quick movie maker project. i hope the idea gets across still :)
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

yeah! :D

RC = release candidate (that is, as you assumed right, the current test version
master = absolutely latest development version of spring (changes practically every day, a few times)

but yeah.. old replays will not work with that version, so neither of these two is really an option for the whole thing. maybe use the RC for showing Moor_V2 and in case you want to show something with unit-tracking, and the current release for the rest, where you have all the demos available.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

I liked the video, the choice of music disturbed me slightly...
scifi

Post by scifi »

hahahaha the video is nice, the music is somewhat :mrgreen:

well anyways.
In order to show grafical power,the actual fealing of the engine, shaders, and how mutch poly suportive spring is, this needs some high quality units and map features to be shown.

I have adove premiere CS 3, i can try working something out of it.

Id sugest picking some good maps, graficaly pleasing, also the video would have to show the environment in how content devs work.

So couple good maps that show variety.

1┬║Moor exelent grafical map.
2┬║Kaisers platform maps.
3┬║Sir arturis maps and theyr design
4┬║e.t.c.....

Units, id sugest showing the TA remaked units, gundam and SWIW.
1┬║ Mr Ds, cremsus units both in wireframe and in texture mode
2┬║Gundams units
3┬║SWIW units and theyr maps
4┬║s44 e.t.c........

Coding wise, and how easy is to work with this engine, (this is the most problematic of all things, imo), maybe actualy show upspring, or the blender converter, and the generalistic Mod folder seperation, and the possibilities that lups manager show in terms of effects and explosions.

Its easyer to show case a mod than a engine i give you that, but it sure captivates more people to the comunity

And also id sugest using some P.U.R.E. stuff, to showcase a game that used spring engine and went comercial(pls forget passed diferences, its for the sake of the engine).
knorke

Post by knorke »

music is perfect :regret:
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Excellent video, knorke! Shows off all sorts of features of Spring unlike any video before it. Very well put together and the music choice was superb. I enjoyed every second of it. I hope to see more like this.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Dont mention the lobbies, even spring downloader, they're not a part of the engine, and they wont look the same in 6 months time anyway, so its a good way of making the video look out of date

Otherwise a vast improvement
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

Epic video

I agree about not showing the lobbies though
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Very cool video, that portray very well what Spring is about.
  • I like that it starts almost like TA, then quickly branch away
  • I wouldn't have mentionned SkyBox, it's not a complicated feature, and they're not seen in normal play.
  • 3D projectile physic should have a plane inadvertandly taking a shot.
  • Realistic combat got unrealistic with a sudden flurry of yellow points.
    Wouldn't Gundam's mecha be more impressive in motion?
  • FPS part shouldn't be mentionned because every n00b is attracted by it yet it doesn't work very well.
  • Can I have a sequence about how we can give complex orders queue to units that aren't even built by a factory which isn't finished yet?
AF wrote:Dont mention the lobbies, even spring downloader, they're not a part of the engine, and they wont look the same in 6 months time anyway, so its a good way of making the video look out of date
No, it's good that it's about the only video that mention lobby. Lobby are an important part of Spring, and one newcomer don't know enough about how they need it. Oh and mod too get their look improved, so..
maackey

Post by maackey »

Can I have a sequence about how we can give complex orders queue to units that aren't even built by a factory which isn't finished yet?
I'm still a bit disappointed you can't queue orders to factories that have been queued but not started yet :|

Also, good job on the video knorke :)

Return to “General Discussion”