senna pretending to be ba - Page 2

senna pretending to be ba

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Re: senna pretending to be ba

Post by smoth »

or just don't join his game because you know it is just stupid bullshit.
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

But I've never done that. It's the damn noobies! But wait, who needs noobies? We can form elitist club!

Someone make autohosts for elitists who commits to play different mods and maps. And restrict the access from outsiders!
smoth

Post by smoth »

they do not all join his game.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

smoth wrote:they do not all join his game.
Don't join in this hateful discussion of Senna until you actual play BA. I've never seen you actually play Spring so there's probably not much an opinion you can form about Senna, BA and the like.

Of course, I'm not slagging you off for that, in fact it's quite a strength to be able to be part of this community and not become sucked into the BADSDWHIRLPOOLOFTERROR. Just don't form opinions and make posts about shit you don't know.

I'm expecting a reply of "I PLAYED DSD BACK IN THE DAY I'LL AVE YOU KNOW."
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

*MTR Yawn*

Also, spring should let me save and load games. And join a game in progress. And it would be cool if we advertised it more. And if we had maps that change every time you load them.

I was against this back when everyone here was fighting in favor it. From admins, to game devs to players. The only person who agreed with me was *urp* Regret and even he was an ass to me as usual despite the fact we were on the same side.

So now I say, good for you Senna. More power to you. You just message me whenever you need more help.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

==Troy== wrote:there is no problem with Senna and his mod.
JAZCASH wrote:Senna is free to take any map or mod he likes, do whatever he likes with it and produce it to the public. If CA had any sense it would just copy DSD, Tabula and all the other maps, then it would host them on BA but make it CA through the map options. That's just if they want a big chunky newby playerbase though :P
1v0ry_k1ng wrote:heh, actually, its about time we started packaging all the other big mods with DSD
CarRepairer wrote:So now I say, good for you Senna. More power to you. You just message me whenever you need more help.
Stop it! You're making me seriously consider turning my mod that change any map into my own (and also change the mod), into a map that change any mod into my own (and also change the map).
Argh

Post by Argh »

So, basically, I should make a remake of DSD, stick P.U.R.E. into it, and voila, people will play it online?

Sounds like a marketing plan :twisted:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Argh wrote:So, basically, I should make a remake of DSD, stick P.U.R.E. into it, and voila, people will play it online?

Sounds like a marketing plan :twisted:
Exactly this.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I'd offer my code to make the game actually be BA DSD for two minutes then suddenly switch to Pure mod on a Pure city map, but then considering you have World Builder and crazy bridge map, I'm sure you could do unit morphing and delayed Lua generated map as well.
Argh

Post by Argh »

@zwzsg: Yeah. Problem is, I don't think anybody will d/l 300MB "map", hehe.

On a serious note:
Seriously, if I had any sort of power Senna would have been banned long ago for fraud
You aren't paying for it, and you're leeching off somebody's bandwidth to get it, and you don't have any grounds, legally, for your complaint, because you aren't the copyright holder of the one thing that was "modified"- a TDF file in DSD (and, one presumes, stuff in BA, but nobody here has any rights to that stuff anyhow, other than maybe some bitmaps and Lua).

So, you don't really have standing here, and the "crime" is that you got rickrolled, basically.

If we start banning Sennas, then we should ban all copyright infringement, because it isn't right to be so amazingly selective about these things as a matter of policy.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

you could get the bones of pure - the units, sounds, textures - into like 80 megs no problem, surely
Argh

Post by Argh »

It'd probably be around there if I cut all of World Builder out, and didn't include any music, sure.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Make it!
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

so:

1. create "PURE:typosquatter edition" (aka: DeltaSeigeDry.sdz)
2. distribute
3. ...
4. profit!

where 3 involves getting people to pay for the payload of a rickroll (as you put it yourself ;)). tricky
Argh

Post by Argh »

Full MP is in the current Demo for free, and I don't plan to change that policy.
Mav

Post by Mav »

My favorite thing about the DSD Special game is how it appeals to the n00bs through ignorance.

They see;

DSD + BA + SPECIAL and go crazy.

Imo, you want to make a new game? Put it on DSD and call it DSD SuperSpecial. Even better, right?
zerver
Spring Developer

Post by zerver »

Argh wrote:@zwzsg: Yeah. Problem is, I don't think anybody will d/l 300MB "map", hehe.
I agree. The key to success is to keep your mod small and bundle it with a popular map. CA has problems with the mod size and many other mods too.

Congrats to Senna, I don't understand why some of you are against his way of doing this. The only concern I have is if maps could be exploited somehow to deliver malicious content to clients. "Infected autohost" lol.
smoth

Post by smoth »

JAZCASH wrote:Don't join in this hateful discussion of Senna until you actual play BA. I've never seen you actually play Spring so there's probably not much an opinion you can form about Senna, BA and the like.
Not my fault you are not around when I am playing gundam :).
JAZCASH wrote:Of course, I'm not slagging you off for that, in fact it's quite a strength to be able to be part of this community and not become sucked into the BADSDWHIRLPOOLOFTERROR. Just don't form opinions and make posts about shit you don't know.
PFfft, I stopped playing AA before DSD came out.
JAZCASH wrote:I'm expecting a reply of "I PLAYED DSD BACK IN THE DAY I'LL AVE YOU KNOW."
I have played Gundam on DSD... it kinda sucks to play gundam on dsd.. oh and I played pressure lines mod on it...

but back in the day... no, ba isn't old enough for me to call it back in the day.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

BA 2v2 starting on map Escarpment

[03:27:05] <[MMR]chairam> question
[03:27:11] <[PinK]Johannes> ask
[03:27:22] <[MMR]chairam> is this map a standard mod?
[03:27:34] <[MMR]chairam> or does it contains different stuff
[03:27:39] <[SI]masu> normal
[03:27:41] <[PinK]Johannes> no senna crap XD
[03:27:42] <[MMR]chairam> ok
[03:27:42] <[SI]masu> ba
[03:27:48] <[MMR]chairam> that's good

Sad that you need to ask...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

smoth wrote:Jibber Jabber
You need to invite me next time you play Gundam. I'd love to play new games and mods but unfortunately there's never the players when I'm around :cry:

Return to “General Discussion”