REQ: New Rank - Page 3

REQ: New Rank

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Re: REQ: New Rank

Post by Tribulex »

There should be a special pink star if the first 5 characters of your username are "lol", since we are all multivets but use smurf accounts. Dunno but seems like a special case no?
Sefidel

Post by Sefidel »

Whats the point? Over 1000 hours and its not likely that your getting any better at the game. If you have over 1000, spring is a job not a game. I doubt that theres significant difference between users with 1000 and those with 2000.

Really I would rather like the ability for users to combine accounts, Who dosnt have 10 gold star accounts, am I right. Frankly for balance sake, this would make more sense.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sefidel wrote:Whats the point? Over 1000 hours and its not likely that your getting any better at the game. If you have over 1000, spring is a job not a game. I doubt that theres significant difference between users with 1000 and those with 2000.

Really I would rather like the ability for users to combine accounts, Who dosnt have 10 gold star accounts, am I right. Frankly for balance sake, this would make more sense.
You're the one who bought a Veteran account from FlopFlop.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

JAZCASH wrote: You're the one who bought a Veteran account from FlopFlop.
You can get money for it?? :shock:
I was close to give a 500$ bonus to get rid off it...
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

Pako wrote:I think spectating is as valuable as playing, but server could also track singlplayer, replay and spectating time to seperate sum and reduce it if it's more than the actual playtime.

I predict that after 30 years there will be multiple players with over 10000 hours of gametime but unitl that let's go with these ranks:

1k Image
2k Image
3k Image
4k Image
5k Image
6k Image
7k Image
8k Image
9k Image
10kImage
30 years?? there are at least several players with 4000 hours split up between various accounts right now.

for ubernerds who average like 5 hrs a day on spring (THE PEOPLE WE AER DESIGNING THIS FOR), 10000 hours would take roughly 5 and a half years FROM TODAY to amass. we will get people with 10000 hours in a couple of years.

anywho, in my opinion using this many ranks is a bad idea because there are too many arbitrary graphics to learn. spring has an atrocious learning curve as it is, and with this many ranks no noobs will have a clue wtf.

two new ranks, 3000 and 10000 ftw.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Pako wrote:I think spectating is as valuable as playing
6k Image
no, because 90% of specs are afk.
also QUAKE 3 SHOTGUN AMMO!
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Sefidel wrote:Whats the point? Over 1000 hours and its not likely that your getting any better at the game. If you have over 1000, spring is a job not a game. I doubt that theres significant difference between users with 1000 and those with 2000.

I think you probably don't have 10 gold star accounts, although I could be wrong..
bartvbl

Post by bartvbl »

Pako wrote:I think spectating is as valuable as playing, but server could also track singlplayer, replay and spectating time to seperate sum and reduce it if it's more than the actual playtime.

I predict that after 30 years there will be multiple players with over 10000 hours of gametime but unitl that let's go with these ranks:

1k Image
2k Image
3k Image
4k Image
5k Image
6k Image
7k Image
8k Image
9k Image
10kImage
These look quit ok, but it is hard to distinguish between the first two ones. Perhaps they could be bronze and silver coloured or something like that?
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Why not just use standard military insignia? Those are useful to learn anyway (especially for us exempt from conscription)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Differ from nation to nation. Two incomplete/unreleased lobbies use British and American derived respectively.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

lets make a new spring army. we can make our own ranks and raise money on the internet to buy boats, guns, ammo, explosives, uniforms, and spaceships. we can start by commiting warcrims in public places so we can make enemy then we will have wars with our enemies
knob_head

Post by knob_head »

Who actually has more than 3000 hr ingame apart from me?
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

AF wrote:I had a system in the original AFLobby using rank images provided by 1557 clan, allowing me plenty of ranks, with 4 or 5 individual special ranks on top.

First rank would be given a vertical bronze bar.

Second rank would be the vertical bronze bar with a single horizontal bar branching off to the right.

Third rank would be above but with a second larger bar above it branching to the right, all the way until the length of the vertical bar had horizontal bars (5th rank). At this point it would start over but in silver, than in gold.

Bring back AF lobby :(
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Oddly enough my copy still connects up, it just lacks the unitsync bindings to work, and some other features which've become somewhat standard since I mothballed the project.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

We can haz new ranks now?
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

3k h and 10k h are good. Then theres no need to add other ones in a while
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

just a few thoughts on this (and autohosts)

1) there are a ton of clans out there with low-ranked players. if they are noobs, then it screws over the team they are assigned to. if they are smurfs, then it screws over the other team. perhaps have an autohost option for "official" clans; meaning members with a silver star or less will not be included in cbalance.

2) autohosts are a shitstorm. it would be good if there was a way to put the highest ranked player in the room into boss mode automatically.

3) we have santa hats for all the coms on christmas in TA mods. why not have other funky hats depending on the rank? newbies could have berets of various colors, star'n'bars could have tank helmets; and high ranks could have different colored crowns or stylish pimp hats... or the option to choose a hat ingame or in the lobby ^^

just a few ways that keeping ones rank could have a bonus; currently there is no advantage to being highly ranked... no wonder people create smurf accounts!

also im a big fan of lichos skill based ranking; i know it would be difficult to achieve; but in my mind ideally the lobby would display both the ingame time rank as well as a different rank for your licho skill... both of which would be calculated together when defining teams rather than one or the other.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

KaiserJ wrote:licho skill
hehe I like it
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

KaiserJ wrote:2) autohosts are a shitstorm. it would be good if there was a way to put the highest ranked player in the room into boss mode automatically.
When I get a vet rank we can discuss this... But imagine being in a battleroom where bobbel arrives and starts bossing...
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

knob_head wrote:Who actually has more than 3000 hr ingame apart from me?
i officially do. Its just not on 1 account (but i believe neither is yours)

i definitely have more than 3k hr, and its possible that i have over 3.5 k but its hard to count up all those little smurflets, since i forgot most of them.

Return to “General Discussion”