Issue : game exploiters last night - Page 2

Issue : game exploiters last night

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

JohannesH

Re: Issue : game exploiters last night

Post by JohannesH »

If anyone wants to fight vs pink just ask when you see enough of us online... Chances are we can make it, not many good enemies around :/
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

BaNa wrote: I'm surprised by this sort of sentiment, one should try to play better and man up rather than whine about clans. Especially since it is rank-balanced and if you have played a couple of hundred hours (presumably most of it on dsd) you should be able to fucking spam tanks and make a descent try against most clans nowdays.
yep, i can spam tanks like they're going out of style. and it's not so much ME reacting to a clan imbalance... it's the fact that other people are getting irritated as well, and instead of just playing, they freak out and grief and generally make the game unplayable for everyone else. its not possible for me to spam tanks from the lobby, or if the game doesn't even start...

another problem, is clan members untagging and smurfing and playing with other clans. last night i was happy to see a game on anticlan... mar3usmc trying to be all sneaky and log on with a smurf account once he realized he wasn't going to be able to play with a clanmate. its this idea of "losing isn't fun, and i have to win at all cost" seems to be what pushes this whole problem forwards.

now. my initial post was in a rage. true to form, i come back with suggestions.

1) an option for any time someone joins an autohost with a lower rank after having played on it in the last 8 hours, ban them automatically for 24 hours. (fixes clansmurfs, fixes people "joining" a clan in order to destroy it ingame)

2) a !cbalance option that will detect if there is only one clan, and if there is, to set up the game to split the clan evenly across two teams. don't remove the current one, make it something else... kbalance lol

3) a "kick unready" option to boot the last one or two players in the host who are typing but refuse to ready up

4) an integrated clan system. i've heard rumors of this happening with uberserver.

@ johannes : i'm just not a very good player but i'd still like to have a chance to win. and also, i'd like the chance to play... seems like we have about an average of 2 or 3 "everyone explode at the start" games before a real one, not to mention the waiting period for idiots in the lobby trying to change game options.

@ mom : yep. voting seems strange, not sure how i personally would change it to fix it though

@ Rafal : its saddening to hear of ANOTHER clan doing the same sort of crap. although, i have to say, MARS has been pretty legit IMO recently, taking challenges from other clans, playing fair games, and generally not being assholes. (could be wrong, just my perception)

and, after having read johannes last comment... how about a clan database? sign up your clanmembers... cbalance only recognizes names from that clan saved on the database... waiting period of a few mins to "join" a clan, and no cross-clan membership (you can only be in one at a time) illegitimate clanstack would be gone in an instant.

and like i said. if it was only a clanstack issue, fair enough, i can live with it. the issue here is noob retention / rage; people with less patience than me taking it out on the stacking clans, and making it nearly impossible to get a game actually started. it's like people trying to live on the gaza strip with bombs flying over their head; if i lived there, i'd move, and since im HERE, i feel like i have to do my best to facilitate change in any form.
Rafal99

Post by Rafal99 »

I must admit my posts were written in slight rage too.
Although it all was happening like 3 weeks ago (I wasn't playing a lot of Spring recently), I still felt I should write about it.

About MARS they are nice sometimes too and play fair game (usually when eveything is their way :wink:), but the problems I mentioned took place more than once.
If 4 or 5 of them come in to a 7v7 or 8v8 game with lots of pros and other clanmembers, and they want to be all on the same team, then there is no problem, it won't make much difference.
But if they come to 5v5 or 6v6 game with some newbs, then situation is totally different, and shit may start to happen.

As to smurfs, I hate when people are constantly changing nicks and accounts. I would appreciate any system that forces 1 account per user eventually allowing several nicks. Tbh I play with the same nick since Spring v0.67b3 and have no problems with it, only added favorite mods tags to it.

About your suggestions I mostly agree with them.
There may be problems with "kick unready" as people can just download map etc.
I think that Springie has an option that forcespecs unready people after some time passes. But specing / kicking people that are intentionally unready is not really a solution since they can just unspec / rejoin. Unless you start the game immediatelly, but that may not always be possible.
Raghna

Post by Raghna »

If there was an organized competition in between Clans with published results of clanmatches and a public leaderboard with 'pride prizes' (not actual prizes, just like awards and stuf) not only more people would be stimulated to with their friends in clans and have more actual teamplay, but clans would also more concentrate on playing against each other rather than some random newbs put togther.
Gota

Post by Gota »

There is no more 1v1 playing...so there will definitely not be competitive clan tournaments.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Gota wrote:There is no more 1v1 playing...so there will definitely not be competitive clan tournaments.
There is yet 1v1 and it will continue to flux.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

idea:

Make Cbalance consider players with a tag infront of their name (ie, any clans it detects) all count as one rank higher than they actually are. this way, a higher proportion of the good, tagless players will be placed on the other team
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:idea:

Make Cbalance consider players with a tag infront of their name (ie, any clans it detects) all count as one rank higher than they actually are. this way, a higher proportion of the good, tagless players will be placed on the other team
Or have cbalance try to balance different clans into opposing teams. I've seen many games where theres where 5 clan players in the same team, with 2 from the same clan and the other all singles. A clan tag isnt an endall thing tho, many ppl who have tags suck.
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

i didnt read all ur boring writingz but kaiser sed nobody likes playing pyb as a clan and i has to concur cus i like challengez and they are rather ez, you just have to kill them before 15 mins cuz they all techporcing newbs. they especially sux at anything which isnt dsd.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

reading ur retarded pokemon post was challenge

ive read it all and i like clans database idea - u put there all clan members, and only for these !cbalance works. (it prevents stealing tags as well, like this UK firestarter idiot)

i also think balance should work different - if its 8v8 game and there are 2 vets there should be no wai to get them both in same team, if there are 8 gold stars, each team gets 4 etc etc

in my opinion spring could use more ranks, like 1 or 2 more, there is too many gold star/vet idiots (bobbel etc)

also, i think that deleting accounts that are not being used for longer than... lets say 2 months should be deleted (easy to avoid but still better than nothing, also, so many cool nicks taken and not used :D)

another cool thing is zervers anticlan host, pure win.

mage for mod, lol lets give rights to bobbel or rzbx... plz no idiots who blame 1 bars for own failure

oh and btw, with full respect to mods, plz get some balls - i cant belive how long it took u to deal with knob, also i was shocked when i reported comtake exploit, i gave replay, said who did this (second time), said how is it possible to check... and 3 (!) gold wrenches did NOTHING, even if there was big crusade on forum against this exploit

huhu im fooked
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

smug goat
flop

Post by flop »

smug goat
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

smug goat
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

smug goat?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Smug goat!
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

smog goot
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

what is this smug goat of which you speak?
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

smurg gurt

Return to “General Discussion”